• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Awesome - I was afraid they were sold out forever!
I know this HAS to be somewhere in this thread, but can anyone comment on the size comparison between the Flyknit Trainers vs the Flyknit Lunar1+? I'm assuming the exact same, no?

Lunars are a little looser, but they fit the same for the most part. I'm a 10 across the board (Trainers, Lunars, Chukkas, Racers).

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

RFX (or anyone else), do you get that back of the ankle rub with these? The last few pairs (not flyknits) I've picked up have given me a lot of trouble.

The first batch seems to get the most omplaint though I never had a problem with mine, to be fair it's more of a casual shoe for me, I've only ran in them once. The second and newer batches have cushioned backs now, so I think that helps some of the problem but if it is the material that is rubbing and causing problems, then I am not sure if the extra cushion will help.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm tempted to exchange my wolf gray Flyknit Lunars for the black/white Trainers.

If you plan to run in them, you have to decide which is best. The Lunars are more cushioned than the trainers but slightly heavier, if you prefer the least cushion in the sole area as possible and being light is a concern, then get the trainers or racers. There are still some bigger sizes of the red racers at NDC: http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-688683/pgid-646501

nineohtoo

Reaction score
Thanks RFX45 for the heads up on the FK Trainers. Just ordered another pair in black(I already have a backup pair in my closet from Luke's Locker) and a pair in white. Now I'm unsure about getting the 010 FK Ones at the end of the month.

I don't know what people are talking about with ankle rub on FK Trainers. Granted I don't run in mine daily, but I've never had issues, even with low cut socks and I've worn my OG pair pretty hard since they came out last year. I usually wear them when I play street games like HvZ or capture the flag, and I even did Journey To The End of The Night(sort of a city wide game of tag) with them and never had a problem besides squeaking.

Also just got a 3M NSW Windrunner in the mail(same that TBS had last year). It's a small and still too big, so if anyone wants it for what I paid plus shipping($140), PM me and its yours.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was complaining about that earlier. it's an issue with the FK lunar because of the padded collar (it chafes the Achilles area) but not on the normal FK trainer because those actually have no material to rub on the ankle. as I said I have other issues with cushioning and stability so I am going to give the Lunarspiders a try. supposedly they are the lightest Nike "stability" running shoe

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

eBay. Expect to pay $500+. I would wait for the grey/red pair to release as they should be easier to obtain.

FNL cancelled my order of fod/orange. :fu:

I heard people picking up the grey one up at Mercer 21 though and should come out on NDC sooner or later.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also a heads up, Black Toes 1s comes out next week.

I'm so on the fence on those. AJ1's are without a doubt my favorite iteration of the Jordan line, but tri-color shoes look like clown shoes IMO.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Most Nikes/Jordans are tri color though. I remember you liking the royal Is and those are essentially tri-color too.

I really do love these pairs, if I still didn't have my old love Is Is insta-cop a pair of these.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads