• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nice Boots Under $200

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the Polo boots came in today. Both are extremely comfortable. I decided to keep the Jodhpurs and return the work boots. I wear a 10.5 and I thought both pairs looked kind of big on my foot. The quality seemed pretty good for the price, but I don't know much about quality footwear. I'm still on the look out for a pair of boots with a rubber sole that are dressy/casual. Maybe a chukka or a chelsea boot.

Last edited:

MrTopCat

Reaction score
I've found these boots (£119):

419ioBos2KL.jpg

They seem to be a good price for quality as they are "Hand Crafted in Spain, Goodyear Welted Leather Soles with Leather Linings" and have "Leather Heels With Hard Wearing Tips".

Not sure if I should buy them, they have my size (7) in stock, which is pretty fortunate.

rbarthel

Reaction score
I picked up a pair of AE Long Branch for ~$200 during an Amazon sale a couple of weeks ago, they are a dressy/casual boot with a rubber sole.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've found these boots (£119):

419ioBos2KL.jpg

They seem to be a good price for quality as they are "Hand Crafted in Spain, Goodyear Welted Leather Soles with Leather Linings" and have "Leather Heels With Hard Wearing Tips".

Not sure if I should buy them, they have my size (7) in stock, which is pretty fortunate.

The last is a bit pointy for my taste, but I like these. I'd say go for them.

I picked up a pair of AE Long Branch for ~$200 during an Amazon sale a couple of weeks ago, they are a dressy/casual boot with a rubber sole.

Those look very chunky. Especially the soles. I'd love to see photos IRL if you have any. Thanks.
Edit: I'd like to see them in a dressy context. I've seen tons of pictures of them with jeans.

Last edited:

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That seems like good deal, if you like them. I love those boots. It's annoying, they don't say where they are made. I know some are benchmade in England by Alfred Sargent and Crockett & Jones, both of which are great.

Those are not AS, CJ or EG.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So the Polo boots came in today.  Both are extremely comfortable.  I decided to keep the Jodhpurs and return the work boots.  I wear a 10.5 and I thought both pairs looked kind of big on my foot.  The quality seemed pretty good for the price, but I don't know much about quality footwear.  I'm still on the look out for a pair of boots with a rubber sole that are dressy/casual.  Maybe a chukka or a chelsea boot.    

If $200 is you limit? try to get shoes that retail for a lot more than $200, but pay $200 or less. The RL boots you selected are not good quality boots. Unless you are barefooted? Don't buy any more footwear before during some "shoe quality" research here on SF.

Did you visit yoox.com?
http://www.yoox.com/us/men/shoponli...ttributes={'ctgr':['stvltt']}&season=X&sort=3

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads