• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NHL 2010-2011 Season

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a good showing by the Sabres. You know you're in their house, you know they're favored, you know they'll come out firing. You can't lay an egg like this.

I think the Flyers got a scare they weren't expecting in round one but whoever they play in Round 2 is going to get rolled.

Thrifter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington
A player will never try to "take" a boarding hit in order to draw a penalty. Those are incredibly dangerous hits and account for a disproportionate amount of injuries around the league.

Pretty common to see a player turn their back to an oncoming check. Some even appear to be 'diving' into the boards to sell a hit from behind.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thrifter
Pretty common to see a player turn their back to an oncoming check. Some even appear to be 'diving' into the boards to sell a hit from behind.

Lapierre used to do that but wasn't being boarded. Players turn their back to the play all the time to dig the puck out of the boards but they're not supposed to be hit because it's dangerous. That's why the rule is there.

BP348

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a web site where I can watch the Blackhawks game?

The hotel I'm at doesn't have the Verses channel
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Habs force a Game 7. Bruins fans are usually convinced that the refs hate them and love the Habs but I must say that this was not a very well officiated game. Lee and Co. missed and early one then seemed to try and make up for it which really dictated the pace of the game in the first and second.

With that said, the Bruins were buzzing all night but few of their chances were very good ones. They screwed themselves with a high sticking penalty at the end of the game though.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surprise win tonight by the Habs. Even if Montreal takes it, they're too sloppy to advance very far.

I am hoping they win the series so I can see a riot on Ste-Catherine St. though.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Haha someone put this little montage together.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Christ I cannot remember the last time I was this nervous. I'm afraid of Kane having a big game. I can seriously see the guy coming out and knocking in 4 points.

Given my last discussion topic on Crosby, perhaps my next one is, if we lose, how should I take my own life?

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I was a Vancouver fan I'd be puking right now. I just watched the CBC intro and the gravity of the situation for Vancouver, as a team, as a franchise, and as a city even, is absolutely astounding.

Makes the Habs/Bruins Game 7 tomorrow seem like a fart in the wind, frankly. Especially after how both teams have played.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads