• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Suitsupply Napoly 38S fit advice

AdrianGE

Reaction score
Good afternoon, I recently bought a Suitsupply suit, napoli 38S. I ask you to make a valuation and indicate the tailoring I should make. At the front I think it looks pretty good without going very tight or too big. My main problem is that I have fallen shoulders, so one of them is fine but the other not. As you will see a wrinkle occurs diagonally and depends on how I stand there are horizontal wrinkles on the upper back. So I ask you to recommend me the arrangements that I should make, I cannot go down in size by the pants. From ignorance I've thought of narrowing the shoulders (the sleeves are more than 2 cm so there is some margin) or with one more pad in the shoulder and touching some seams would be enough? What do you think?

Thank you very much for your help,

upload_2017-5-24_19-1-42.png

upload_2017-5-24_19-1-54.png

IMG_0797_zpsx29ntiw8.png
IMG_0797_zpsx29ntiw8.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

The Millennial Gentleman

Reaction score
Okay, those pics wont help us. They are too close to take in the full garment. Have someone take full length pictures of you so we can see how it hangs, fits, and looks from the front, side, and back.

ThomGault

Reaction score
No option for MtM near you? Better to start with something close to your needs than alter something that doesn't work well. How do the shoulders fit? They look like they might be large because of the wrinkling throughout the back, but it's hard to be sure.

The Millennial Gentleman

Reaction score
Those pics work. Okay:

1) The shoulders are large. The seams fall off the top of your shoulders and you have a shoulder nipple on your right (our left in the photo) shoulder. The entire suit needs to go down a size.

2) What's up with those sleeves? One looks the right length the other massively long?

3) It looks as though the jacket wasn't made quite right. By looking at where the jacket wraps from your left side chest to your back you can see that the fabric is much tighter than on your right side...that is a concern.

4) Your right sleeve is bunched halfway through your arm. Don't know why.

5) Trousers are too long and will need to be hemmed.

Hope that helps.

TMG

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those pics work. Okay:

1) The shoulders are large. The seams fall off the top of your shoulders and you have a shoulder nipple on your right (our left in the photo) shoulder. The entire suit needs to go down a size.

TMG

I have no idea what a 'shoulder nipple' is and why this means the shoulders are too large (wide?)

The SS Napoli is cut with fairly wide shoulders. Jackets can be cut with 'extended' shoulders that go past the natural shoulder; this is not necessarily indicative of poor fit. I think if you try to size down you'll find that the chest is too small, and as you've already indicated you can't size down in the trousers.

That being said, the left sleeve is definitely too long; the right sleeve appears shorter because of the wrinkling in the upper right arm. I'm concerned that you won't have enough room to shorten at the sleeve (since the buttonholes are working) as the left sleeve needs to be shortened by probably a full inch or so.

Besides the sleeve length, as the OP pointed out the main issue is the low right shoulder. This is leading to the diagonal wrinkles and perhaps also the issues with the upper right sleeve. Disregard the comment above that the diagonal wrinkles on the back are because the jacket is tighter on one side than the other. A pretty simple alteration is to add a shoulder pad to the right, assuming that you can get the sleeves the correct length without having to shorten at the shoulder (a much more complex and expensive alteration).

Going MTM is of course another option, but good MTM will be considerably more expensive than this suit. It comes down to budget and availability of a good tailor. Do not use online MTM.

IChen

Reaction score
Basically to go off of what Breakaway said, just return it. It clearly doesn't fit shoulder wise, sleeves, etc. If you're going to do MTM like others are suggesting, try and make sure it's not just the sales associate measuring you. I've seen and I've worked in retail, very very few sales associates who know how to measure. Ask for the tailor. Online MTM is a no because you're not experienced.

Tacosauce

Reaction score
On a side note, a jacket with working button holes can be shorted on the top of the arm where is attaches to the shoulder. My tailor charges $85 for this alteration :/

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cakeideas