• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ralph Lauren Black Label Wide-Legged Jeans: Opinions?

What do you think of the new Ralph Lauren Black Label Wide Legged Jeans?

• No way!

Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Let me think about it...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Love them!

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Like them, but not at that price.

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mykel67

Reaction score
I just picked up the September GQ today, and on the inside front cover is a gatefold ad for Ralph Lauren Black Label Denim. One of the shots is of some very wide-legged jeans. I think I like how they are styled in that photo (although I think the sweater is about 30% too tight), but the price is a little higher than I expected ($425).

Any opinions on these?

blakhart

Reaction score
Nah not going back to the wide legged pants.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He looks like an idiot.

I see fashuns! occasionally that try to push back that direction but it is too soon. Everyone at the downtown bus stop is still wearing that jean fit and did not get the slim jeans memo.

If you are tired of slim, go with drop crotch and narrow hem.

If you like the look in the pic, buy any relaxed fit jeans from Costco or Walmart. Or I can ask my mom to mail you her jeans.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's the moment suits are in too- but with very trim coats.

Dries did some of the wide leg thing this season in trousers 100x better than this. The pic above with momwash jeans is just wrong.

edit: there is also that guy ivviri (?) who has been posting in waywt with fuller trouser cuts, he looks great. I would look like a complete jerkoff in those clothes unfortunately.

Last edited:

mykel67

Reaction score
Good point about the wash--- it doesn't seem quite right. But I don't really see anyone around in this kind of jean exactly. I see more super-skinny, over-embellished True Religion, or low -riding gangsta' jeans on 20-30 somethings.

What if they were a grey flannel instead of denim? I like the idea of that kind of pant with a fine, fitted turtleneck.

I also posted this photo and the poll on my Facebook account, and of the 11 people who weighed in 9 (all women) LOVE them and 2 (both guys) HATE them. Interesting...

Last edited:

Amelorn

Reaction score
Those things are sin incarnate.

Last edited:

ispace

Reaction score
WTF is this ****?

Then again, I guess skintight jeans used to look hideous too...

B.

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder what the hem is on those things. SMH. Bootcut to the max.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads