• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Raf Simons x Doc Marten Collection

dave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
yep. Saw (and tried on) the navy blue w/red stitch laceup shoe....it's ok, fits and looks just like a DM 1461 (didnt even look that great IRL), but the price tag attached to an otherwise uninspired shoe screams "label whores only need apply"

The navy ones and the grey ones are nice. Hell, if they were priced right I'd probably own a pair. these metallic abortions, on the other hand, SCREAM "Look at me! I have more money than sense!"

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dave
The navy ones and the grey ones are nice. Hell, if they were priced right I'd probably own a pair. these metallic abortions, on the other hand, SCREAM "Look at me! I have more money than sense!"

I didnt like the matte finish on the navy, it just looked really dull and cheap. If the navy were more like the UK-made "quilon" leather but in navy, it'd look so much better imo.

don't worry SoCal, I'm sure you'll find something more worthy than I to "suck the fat one"!!
inlove.gif

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh..unsightly pieces...I dunno what is going on with Raf Simons colabs nowdays..Fred Perry needless to say is overpriced..with Raf x Fred Perry..a polo goes for $295(revolve). Amazing..are they(Raf) simply giving the nod to everyone wanting to colab...probably looks like it.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dave
The navy ones and the grey ones are nice.
saw the grey laceups, yea those actually are nice, the matte leather does well in grey, and the best part of the Raf Docs is the red stitching, which is a great color choice and better than the traditional yellow upon closer inspection, the Raf 1461s are on a slightly different last, it's not as bulbous at the toe and just ever slightly more pointed (but not pointed toe at all)

Octavio Interrupted

Reaction score
I can see those being the right choice given the right context or conditions, but those conditions would have to include "rock star" and "currently onstage performing."

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onijo84
.are they(Raf) simply giving the nod to everyone wanting to colab...probably looks like it.

what I dont get is why Raf is glombing onto the "subculture" brands (FP and DM)....I've never thought of Raf Simons as the "high fashion" version of what guys into FP/DM would wear. If anything a Paul SmithxFP/DM collab makes more sense, since you'd be keeping it British and Paul Smith appeals already to guys that are in the FP/DM subcultures.

Doin' Fine.

Reaction score
Let's just be glad they don't look like these. (Still want to see shots of people wearing them.)
raf-simons-dr-martens-sandals-spring-2009-7.jpg

cjl2g

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
honestly, conceptually, these are all very good, they just turned out pretty bad lol
i picked up the simple, plain blue pair... might pick up the white as well.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Another collab by Raf Simons x Doc Marten, this time they're lanvin style metallic shoes and boots (even monkstraps) in copper, bronze and gold. There are also a few simpler choices.
raf%20simons%20doc%20martens.jpg
Courtesy of Brandish

Are these out yet? I like the ones on the bottom. The other ones are too fuckin shiny. Unless you're going for the tin man look

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
what I dont get is why Raf is glombing onto the "subculture" brands (FP and DM)....I've never thought of Raf Simons as the "high fashion" version of what guys into FP/DM would wear. If anything a Paul SmithxFP/DM collab makes more sense, since you'd be keeping it British and Paul Smith appeals already to guys that are in the FP/DM subcultures.

I just saw this, can't believe I missed it. Early Raf was all about rebellious youth and representations of "subculture". Check out his 90's stuff and even and 01, 02. It's definitely not Fred Perry or whatever, and some of it still looks like high fashion but there are easily recognizable elements of punk culture all over Raf's early work.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads