• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Nokia Lumia - I want

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what are you using right now?

I'm sanz phone. Can't buy the Nexus 4 cause that's out of stock for weeks. Can't buy the iP5 because that's not available fully unlocked. So basically, I'm fucked.

Damn that sucks man.

You could buy a blackberry lol

Last edited:

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not exactly my cup of tea, but it's amazing that this was shot handheld with a Lumia 920.
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a (black) Lumia 920 for about a week now. I love the form factor and most of the OS. For instance the keyboard is excellent (I'm comparing to my HTC Desire HD) and I like the guessing of words I want to type in text messaging and email. I already used the Nokia Drive navigation app and it worked satifactorily. I haven't missed any Android apps, but have missed the easy way my address book was inegrated with my phone. Adding contacts, using telephone numbers from emails, etc was easier in Android. Typing part of a number to find contacts with same string of numbers is missed. Also it doesn't make sense that when searching for a contact in the phone app it without being specified otherwise only searches in contacts recently called instead of the whole contact list. The Android notification center and the way it could be used to go to the notifications made a lot of sense.

All my antennas seem to be of better quality than those on my HTC. With the same (now cut up) sim card I have better internet connection in buildings and the GPS antenna gets a signal in the whole of the car instead of only under the front windscreen. Call quality is good and hands free volume is indeed excellent.

I did already have the proximity sensor malfunctioning (triggered without cause) which prevented me hanging up when calling. Blowing on it to remove dust(?) did the trick.

All in all a mixture of seemingly excellent build quality with software that needs some improvement and the one error.

Last edited:

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right now I'm listening music at 15/30 volume via speaker. Loud enough. I'm using the free (for a month) spotify app. I don't get the service. Perhaps if I was constantly looking up music, but then I'd probably use youtube. I'm more of an album listener, apparently.

At that the standard player fails as it sees all songs of collections as a single album. Perhaps there is a workaround...

By the way Geek, any apps you'd recommend?

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The lack of removable battery as well as no sd slot on the 920 made it a no go for me. All of my friends think I nuts but I am going with the Nokia 808

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I did already have the proximity sensor malfunctioning (triggered without cause) which prevented me hanging up when calling. Blowing on it to remove dust(?) did the trick.

All in all a mixture of seemingly excellent build quality with software that needs some improvement and the one error.

Just a quick update: The proximity issue worsened untill I had it for a month and a half non-stop. This was awful. I'm glad to say though that it is completely fixed by the latest firmware update: 1232.5957.1308.0003.

upthewazzu

Reaction score
Bought one of these 2 weeks ago and absolutely love it. The interface is fantastic, and the screen in beautiful. I haven't had any issues with the proximity sensor when trying to hand up a call. I did put on one of those cheap universal (cut to fit) screen protectors from walmart and everything still works great.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads