• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New gap denim

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seany
My jeans are also double rung spun (1969 men skinny), and they dont say "authentic Japanese denim" like they used to.

They are made in the same part of China APC's are made.

APC's are made in macau or tunisia.

amnesiac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula

my 'holiday 08 skinny fit 1969 leather patch japanese selvage' are made in macau. i still wonder if they changed their japanese denim, not that i'd buy another pair to wear raw. The skinny cut, as not so skinny as it is, is a great slim straight fit, just wish the rise was higher and the denim was thicker.

seany

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula

I know they are, that's why I said the Gap denim is made in the same place where APC is made (Macua).
eh.gif

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seany
I know they are, that's why I said the Gap denim is made in the same place where APC is made (Macua).
eh.gif

Macau technically isn't China but its close enough i guess.

seany

Reaction score
Hmmmm my bad TF, always thought Macau was part of China.

A quick wiki search says its part of China, but thats its also not. Idk im confused.

I'll settle with close enough haha

"The Macau Special Administrative Region, is one of the two special administrative regions of the People's Republic of China; the other is Hong Kong. Macau lies on the western side of the Pearl River Delta, bordering Guangdong province in the north and facing the South China Sea in the east and south.[6] The territory has thriving industries such as textiles, electronics and toys, and a notable tourist industry. It is one of the richest cities in the world.[7]"-wiki

ispace

Reaction score

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just placed an order for the skinny fit selvage and am not expecting them to be that great, but for 70.00 after the coupon code I had it was worth a shot. Hopefully they will be OK and hold there color like the description says.

hobscrk777

Reaction score
Those new selvage jeans look good. I like that the copy advertises them as "no whiskering, destruction details, or wrinkle treatment." If I hadn't bought a pair a couple of weeks ago, I'd buy these instead. My only complaint about the pair I did buy is that the whiskering has become much more pronounced (or maybe I just didn't notice it in the store).

ivan k

Reaction score
In for the skinny fit. If anyone else is going to get a pair, here's a 20% off coupon that ends today: GAPNEW20

seany

Reaction score
I love my Gap Skinnys, I've posted a few pics on this topic of me wearing them. I havn't washed them yet, so I don't know of any shrinkage. But according to Gap they shrink about an inch.

Im a 31 wasit and went down 1 to a 30. They stretched to my wasit size after about a dozen wears. Nothing serious like APC denim or anything.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ispace
Looks like the selvedge skinny raw are available online now (and even size 29/34 is available online):

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...d=1&pid=683783

As are the selvedge authentic raw:

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...scid=683781002

Still no sign of the beige or brown authentic selvedge online, although the grey ones are still on sale.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but "rigid rinse" is GAP's term for raw, right?

B.

Rigid rinse is not raw. Raw only in select stores, from what I've seen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads