• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Netflix instant movie suggestions

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Watching The Fall of Fujimore. Very interesting. Seemingly good man devolves into a violent dictator. Film is made and consists of very candid interview of him, some contempories (journalists, etc.), and some video footage from the period (late 80s early 90s)

Will watch this today.

Texastyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I watched "God Bless America" yesterday and thought it was pretty hilariou, but a little distasteful in light of the recent mass shootings. The social commentary on the sad state of American culture was fantastic. I watched the film with my parents and I'm pretty sure they think I'm a sociopath now, but I really did find myself agreeing with a lot with the message of the movie.

Last edited:

ruzzi

Reaction score
I think a lot of first run of ESPN 30 for 30 movies are now on netflix ie Reggie Miller vs New York Knicks, Birth of Big Air, Len Bias Doco, The U, Escobars, blah blah blah

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Netflix have a host of animated Marvel & DC movies currently up. Great time to catch up:

Justice League Doom
Batman Under the Red Hood
Batman Year One
All-Star Superman
Superman vs. The Elite
Hulk v. Thor & Wolverine
Planet Hulk
Ultimate Avengers 2
Dr. Strange
Invincible Iron Man
Iron Man: Extremis
Black Panther
Astonishing X-Men
Thor & Loki: Blood Brothers

There's been a few others. Overall, most are decent enough and hold more true to the characters than many of their live-action incarnations.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why did this threak die? :(

Watching "Fringe," which began airing on FOX in 2008. The first few episodes were great, very "X-Files"-esque.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fringe was great. It lost some momentum in season 3 or so (i think...i watched it in real time and don't really remember where it got squirrelly) but they rebounded and tied it up nicely. It's worth watching it the whole way through for John Noble's performance alone. He owns Walter Bishop.

Last edited:

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ha, roomates been watching Fringe nonestop. I find Jackson's acting weak, like all whiney and the character/father dynamic is sooo predictable. Skeptical son, unsure but secretly brilliant father, and sexy tough girl cop, throw in some big brother conspiracy and stir.... Noble's acting is good, i'll give it that, and i kindof like the alien guys. Have to assume the show goes somewhere but as for season 1(?) seemed so boring, like ****** version Xfiles or something. Mysterious thing threatening to destroy life as we know it unless obscure factoid from the scientist suddenly saves the day. eh, pass.

I've only caught a couple of Dexter episodes but considering sitting down for a full marathon and working through the series, that and Breaking Bad. Very tempted to do the whole thing with BB, now there's a show.

Was pissed I missed the second season of Bob's Burgers. Totally quirky cartoon but I really liked it. Went away for a few weeks and came back and it was gone(?)

actually also been enjoying a few of those TED talk compilations

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
anyone seen Orange is the new Black? caught some glimpses as roomie was watching and looks pretty good. Dramatic.

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In addition to many of the previous suggestions:

Season 1 of Longmire
9th Company
Branded

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads