• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
******* awesome game.
Artest scared me when he stole that ball cuz did is turnover prone when he dribbles but damn almost wet my pants when I saw him dunk that ****.

Lakers ******* Lakers Baby!!!!

Any lakers fan with any experience had the same thought on that breakaway....how is he gonna fck this one up??

I was watching the game with my dad and we both looked at each other with the same reaction:

everything_went_better_than_expected.jpg

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's happened a couple of times lately. ron-ron driving and ... well, not dunking, who could have expected that? but also dfish taking the ball to the hole one-on-two or something and actually scoring. hope they don't burn out all their good luck early.
almost croaked on lamar's foul. one of those plays that 2/10 of a second earlier, or if he'd wrapped him up so he couldn't get his arms up, brilliant play since they had a foul to give. but as it worked out ...
ffffuuuu.gif

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
inimitable ron-ron:
"I kind of knew what the outcome was going to be, so I was relaxed" Artest maintained. "We talked about it." "I knew what was going to happen so I was just out there skating." "When the Black Mamba [Bryant] wants to put his mind to do something, he hits big shots. He was animated and he inspired us. He trusted us when it most counted. He trusted us in that last overtime."

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that would be a helluva series. it'll be interesting to see with the Bulls. they're a great team and playing great ball. playoffs are another thing, though. have they got the stuff to go up against great times 7 games in a row and still pull it out?
i certainly hope so, if only because that will mean that neither detested boston nor miami did.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sexandcandy
nailbiter game.

in other news, my fantasy team just imploded. i'm down 10-0 lol

I'm down 7-1 too.
lol8[1].gif

What is the breakdown with the prizes btw? We have 10 people that paid right? Last count was 9 iirc.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
another thought on last night ... i wonder how much of that was due to bynum being out? their pick and roll defense just totally went to sh*t. gortat started looking like stoudemire. of course, with nash running it, i probably would ... well, hell no i wouldn't, but you get the point. but given a big man defending the rim, i wonder whether the suns would have been so succesful.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the Lakers got a bit lazy in the end, they had a 21 point lead and they let it slip. I was proven wrong via stats but just by watching the Lakers, the 3 just seems like their biggest problem. Every time they lose, it's usually the 3's that kills them. Like that game against the Suns where they buried like 30 3's or something like that, then when they lost to Miami with Bibby draining crucial 3's. Then last night, the same deal, wid open 3's and they always scramble and running around. I know stats say they are one of the best 3pt defender but when watching the game, it just doesn't seem that way.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'll admit that the Suns are not a good team and do not deserve to be in the playoffs. Even when the Suns are 100% healthy, they still cannot beat elite teams without their key players.

Channing Frye is living up to his new contract, thankfully. Gortat has been outstanding and will be a key player for long-haul. Carter is expiring (team option) and doubtful he will be resigned with us. Suns just need to find a way to ship Childress or Pietrus. Dudley will help fill in when Hill leaves.

Suns will need to get a defensive minded pass-first PG to replace Nash. Obviously dreaming about Chris Paul in a Suns uni, but that has a .0001% chance of happening.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, but they've got *****!
i really liked how they kept battling back. honestly, it felt hte whole way like the lakers were in complete control. and then BOOM suns are right back in it.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
everything timed right for now...bynum gets his rest , we took care of the two games without him, will play at home against clippers on friday, and hopefully denver and portland will switch seeding so that okc and portland can duke it out. denver can play well against denver so that would be ideal.
hopefully nyc will gain some and go to 6th seed in time to match up with miami.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads