• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moscot Lemtosh. which size to pick?

crox

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first thread here, i wanted to ask a question. im been thinking about getting myself a pair of moscot lemtosh, i've seen it in a johnny depp interview and the look great. but, moscot have 3 different sizes of these, small 44/24, medium 46/24 and large 48/24. im going to buy it from the internet so i can't try them first and see what i like the most, but i want to go for the size that johnny depp wears. Can someone tell me what is that size? by photos i would think that he tends to wear them on the small side, but i don't know too much about glasses so my criteria is not the best. So, can someone tell what is the size that he wears, or advise me about what size to get?

Thanks for your responses in advance, good day to all.

nickvanv

Reaction score
Hey man,
If you go to the Moscot website they have a guide on what size to buy and what suits your face best. I have a larger face and bought the mediums and they give a similar look to Depp but i personally am looking for a size large as it suits me better. Hope this helps

crox

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Someone else could help with this? im between the medium and he small size, but i would not know what to choose. if someone could help me with some pictures comparing both that would be excellent.

thanks

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
I would call Moscot in NYC directly and ask them about sizing. Buying glasses online is difficult because it something that should be tried on first. I'm sure they have a return/exchange policy if it doesn't work out. Hate to break it to you, but you will not look like Johnny Depp even with his glasses. Pick what size works best for you and your face.

reflexez

Reaction score
I don't know if this helps anyone , but I ordered the 46, 49 and size 52 Moscot Lemtosh from their website because I wanted that Johnny Depp look aswell. (for reference, I'm 5'10, 190lbs, muscular kind of a big head guy, definitely do not have a small head/face). Also, I wear the size 49mm for the RayBan rx5154 clubmaster(standard size) and they fit perfectly. Matter of face, I wear the "standard" size for any Rayban glasses and it fits almost flawless if you want a reference size of my head.

The 52 was absolutely huge. So I tried the 49. The 49 fit better, but it was still on the big size for the lens, because I noticed Johnny Depp's look really small, like perfectly fit around his eyes (following the moscot Mantra of centering the eye in the frame I suppose).

The 46 was on the smaller size and appeared to be the best. I did NOT purchase the 44, as the whole process of trying it at home and having to order it and return it really sucked and took weeks lol, but the 46 is rather snug so I'm almost certain the 44 would be wayyyy too tight.

You would have to have a super small male head/face IMO to fit the 44. Hopefully this helps people.

reflexez

Reaction score
UPDATE:

My OCD forced me to order the size 44 to test it. It fit on my head/face with no real issues, however the temple arms did bend in a " \ / " formation which I didn't really like, b/c then the temple arms push on your side of your head. They felt to small around my eyes too, I guess it wasn't really that noticable but I just think my head /face is too big for them.

And just to help everyone out who may see this, since I know how it feels since I was paranoid about the sizes before ordering my Lemtosh and it sucks to order glasses online blind, here is a pic of the 46/24/145 Moscot Lemtosh (medium):
http://i.imgur.com/OTsy1My.jpg

Again, I'm around 5'10, 190lbs, muscular and I would personally say I have a head on the "bigger" side , also facial features (my dad told me I had a big head too and I'm pretty sure I can't ever wear small hats and some shirts with small collars are head for my head to get into :( )

Hope this helps people!

MikePinna

Reaction score
Hey man,

Im struggling to pick a size of the moscot lemtosh, and your post really help me a lot. Im thinking of getting the 46 size, and I was wondering if you could re-upload the picture you shared before. If you can also share the exact measurement of the lense and your face would be amazing.

Hope is not too late

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads