• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
The rest of the winter line
IMG_20231220_163752395.jpg
IMG_20231220_172048793.jpg
IMG_20231220_174538353.jpg
IMG_20231220_101910632.jpg

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New podcast dropped! As this is a "home studio session" I can't match the sound quality of the Myriad software in the STAR studio, so I'm relying on you to adjust the sound controls on your computer to get the best of it. Enjoy! Here's the shpeel:

Today’s Home Studio session in the Soul Shack is mainly segued music without chat. You’ll hear Jr. Walker, Ben E. King, Michael Jackson, The Supremes, Jimi Hendrix, the Four Tops, and many more. Bonus track today is street musician Cascade playing Hendrix’s ‘Little Wing’ on a Chapman Stick (Google it!) live on the corner of Grassmarket in Edinburgh.

Please play it all the way through until playback runs out. That ensures that the channel registers a play. For those of you who listen without logging in, you may not be able to see the regular playlist details, so I've copied the playlist into one of the comment boxes.

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First Xmas outing for Lunch this afternoon, Kamakura unlined 3/2 slack jacket, material 100% wool woven by Abraham Moon in Guiseley near Leeds.
Shirt Kamakura, chinos Gant, longwings Churchs. View attachment 2096605
Didn’t know Kamakura offered slack jackets. I wish they still sold the shirts with thick blue stripes.

Didnt know Church’s offered long wings either.

You are a bit overwhelmed by the big tree in the photo.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn’t know Kamakura offered slack jackets. I wish they still sold the shirts with thick blue stripes.

Didnt know Church’s offered long wings either.

You are a bit overwhelmed by the big tree in the photo.
They still do the shirts you have mentioned, check out all blues Co website in Leeds.
the longwings are called swing.

Inkss

Reaction score
Still off the booze, and just the occasional cigar when I'm out and about.
2nd January 2019 was the last time I had a drink. Not like I've been counting or anything.

Last edited:

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Looked up Kamakura jackets. Moon fabric and also similar cut to John Simons jackets. £100 cheaper though !
Both are based on JKeydge slack jacket, that JSimons used to stock. « Slack » was the name used by JKeydge, while I think the proper word is « sack »?

I’ve got a proper MiF JKeydge Slack cord jacket. Great stuff.

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both are based on JKeydge slack jacket, that JSimons used to stock. « Slack » was the name used by JKeydge, while I think the proper word is « sack »?

I’ve got a proper MiF JKeydge Slack cord jacket. Great stuff.
I have a beige cotton Keydge. Useful in Summer.

Hardy and Johnson Ivy jackets are much missed. Very good value too.

DougDevious

Reaction score
Extending my range into more casual looks and the hard mod/suedehead look seemed fitting given my style.
20231224_124942.jpg
I need some higher-rise jeans, the suspenders aren't long enough for this look to be very comfortable, but hey, these jeans were $1 at the thrift store. the shirt and jacket are also thrifted, both $3. Lucky to find such a nice bomber at that price, and the embroidery on the back makes it a little more unique and modern (at least, as far as the 2000s).
20231224_125740.jpg

Also, new sneakers, which I fully intend on wearing with a blue pinstripe suit a la David Tennant Doctor Who

e016fef8492af78bebab2a20176b5cbf.png

s-l1600.png

s-l1600.png

s-l1600.png

s-l1600.png

s-l1600.png

little worried about this last one honestly. the button size in proportion to the rest of the suit is having me doubt it's the right size, even though i have worn 36R suits before and this one had 36R/91cm on it's label, I've bought a "36R" suit that was way too big, more like a 38R suit especially given the broad shoulder.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janetmorris23