• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Fabie,we always suspicious of People that want to find about us etc.In the past we have had such bad Press(I am talking about the 60s now)that we keep People at Arms`length.If you are genuine then ok,if not go and bother some other Group.

Lasttye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello Fabie,we always suspicious of People that want to find about us etc.In the past we have had such bad Press(I am talking about the 60s now)that we keep People at Arms`length.If you are genuine then ok,if not go and bother some other Group.

Not once did she mention Skinheads or Reggae for the matter Colin, Their is enough information about Youth on here, and its free to read. **** me the amount of people with no idea comes on these sites and wants to know everything without reading first.

When you think of it a professional writer could come on here read this thread and have all the information to publish a book, :D

Last edited:

Fabie

Reaction score
Not once did she mention Skinheads or Reggae for the matter Colin, Their is enough information about Youth on here, and its free to read. **** me the amount of people with no idea comes on these sites and wants to know everything without reading first.
When you think of it a professional writer could come on here read this thread and have all the information to publish a book,
biggrin.gif

i read the entire thread and suppose i 'm enough "genuine" to post here .
I don't definitely identify oneself in what you call "the people with no idea" you fucked . (not sure this sentence sound good :) )
I don't judge people i don't know .

First times i saw pictures of you young, Lasttye , were on Tumblr skinhead/suedehead blogs ,without title, caption, date, history ... and not in this forum .
"copy and paste" pictures / story is easy but no interest .

You're not interested , I understood .

Fabie

Reaction score
postscript :

i never mentioned that i was a skinhead girl younger because i can't imagine people who wasn't or aren't skinhead , be interested by this cult or "want to know every thing" .
Sorry , I would have .

Lasttye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fabie, Because your English is not very good and i cannot speak French, I don't know what you are talking about, lost in translation i suppose, :)

If their is pics on other sites of me, that i may not know about, then other people must of pasted them.

Most people come on here as they are interested in Traditional Skinheads, and most contribute rather than coming on here asking to interview people, and not contributing in anyway, If you are genuine and interested in Traditional skinheads then i apologise.

Roy, :)

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I also paid 7 guineas for Royals from The Squire Shop. All the shoes were 7 guineas - even the loafers which I thought at the time should have been cheaper.
I never found anywhere cheaper for Royals. Petticoat Lane did not have that style and Timpson were a lot later in offering them - at no saving.
Shirts were 69/6d. Those prices along with the prices of a single and an LP are ones I will never forget. A bar of chocolate was 6d.

In 1970 I did blow all of my first wage packet on a pair of tassel loafers from the Squire shop.

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fabie, Because your English is not very good and i cannot speak French, I don't know what you are talking about, lost in translation i suppose, :)

Roy you just reminded me about the times when there were crowds of French kids who came over to London every July ('les Francais de Juillet'). Now, I know I said we resented them because they attracted our girls, but as soon as any crowd of French kids sussed out that I had O Level French I would get roped in to translate things. One French bloke wanted me to tell one of the London crowd he was stupid. I refused. I had no wish to start a re-run of the Battle of Waterloo!

Lasttye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In 1970 I did blow all of my first wage packet on a pair of tassel loafers from the Squire shop.

When you think of the cost of cloths back then, but most of us teenagers managed to get them, what would a pair of Royals cost at todays prices? , A pair of Cordovan Brogues these Days £ 450 .

Last edited:

Lasttye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LOL When i wrote that.. i thought hope Paul don't think thats a hint , :D :D

Paul i know for a fact loads of people come on this site just to lurk...and don't contribute, I wonder if any are budding authors, :D

Last edited:

edenbray

Reaction score
hey im guy in pic .. taken around sixty nine at my best mates kitchen door - thats made-to-measure made under my explicit instructions - 3 piece suit in metallic navy cost me a fortune - 'off the peg' the very idea and within my group was considered mwah! 'needs a press?' - I 'wore' that suit - cheeky git. those brogues came from class little shoe shop in Soho and its an original short sleeved Ben Sherman - used to buy one a week at that time. More info on my original post with these pics. Notice shaved parting which I had never seen anyone do before ... lot of fun - cheers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads