• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Aces and Eights

Reaction score

Aces and Eights

Reaction score
London Meet up

Back in July a few of the guys who post on The Look Goes On met up in London for a pie and a pint on Friday lunchtime. It went well and there was a proposal to meet again in late autumn. Clouseau came over and is keen to come again and would like to book his ticket asap. So, in an exchange of PMs we have agreed a possible date for another meet up – Thursday 26 November.

I know that cov and Skinny Legs are also up for another meet.

I thought I should mention it here on Mod to Suedehead this time as there seems to be a little more cross-over nowadays between the threads.

Last time we met at a great Victorian pub just behind Liberty, The Clachan. I am relaxed about where we go next.
Cheers

Hi Mr Knightley

i should make the effort and meet up with you guys as I am less than 20 miles away from your venue. Its my daughters birthday on that day and she has not confirmed what she has planned yet for the family but I am sure I can go missing for the lunchtime. I will be able to confirm nearer the time if thats ok but in the meantime if you can keep me posted that we be good

I have met up with a few other members on here at Margate in recent years and its been good to put face to names and good company

Thanks

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Hi Mr Knightley

i should make the effort and meet up with you guys as I am less than 20 miles away from your venue. Its my daughters birthday on that day and she has not confirmed what she has planned yet for the family but I am sure I can go missing for the lunchtime. I will be able to confirm nearer the time if thats ok but in the meantime if you can keep me posted that we be good

I have met up with a few other members on here at Margate in recent years and its been good to put face to names and good company

Thanks
fing02[1].gif

Soul Vision

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

From the same set the short sleeves on this BD look very long, esp. if you compare similar styled shirts available now...

sf2.jpg

Soul Vision

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
A logo on a blazer? This apparently "borrows detailing from the equipment worn by Fred Perry himself in the 1950's"

28-02-2015_fredperry_xnigelcabourn_sportsblazer_inkyblue_jm_1_1.jpg

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A suit worn with boots - 1970 skinhead style, after all? This is from a May 1970 magazine article entitled 'Skinheads in Focus', which is available at Ballroom Blitz https://theballroomblitz.wordpress.com/2015/06/29/skinheads-in-focus/ I'm not sure whether these are just fashion models the magazine dressed up for the shoot or not.
I remember this magazine coming out. I can also remember girls' trevira suits in one of those mainstream clothing catalogues (Littlewoods?) and the models in there were fashion models. If you look closely, that's not actually a suit, by the way. The pic lacks definition, but it's a PoW jacket and a pair of Sta-prest. It wouldn't have been too unusual with boots - I had worn boots and Levis with a suit jacket myself - but a 'minority' look, if you like. At the time the models struck me as being genuine kids, not pros.

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is my late father - the bloke I got my love of cricket from. I've got his school scarf somewhere, but I remember in the 1960s when mods were wearing striped blazers, I was cursing my luck that he had ever got rid of his! [The pic is from 1938]

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I remember a few years ago, when DM re-launched the MIE boots, the first pair they made were 8 eyelets '1460' in oxblood, and they were said to be the fac-simile of the first pair of boots they ever made. Now this was maybe pure marketing. These boots are Cherry red, definitely my size... And they don't come cheap !
They were only a movie costume, made up. BTW I got my electric mod scooter on order from Taobao...going to be all the rage in JInan, got the LEDs and mirrors, everything. Should arrive next week.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member