• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MMA - "Any way you slice it, this is barbarism"

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
I have only oone objection to all those professional fighting leagues. They are all bunch of small farms with the same cattle mo-o-oing at each other fight after fight.
Arrange a world open championship already and get your asses handed to you.

It looks more and more like a reality show with the same tired characters rather than a real fighting legue.

Who are these "world" fighters who would come in and hand asses out to established MMA fighters? Are you referring to Fedor - the guy who hasn't fought any top competition in about 5 years?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I think his point is more that there are new leagues springing up monthly at the moment, all trying to cash in, and all basically circulating the same fighters. I actually kinda disagree with him though, for the most part the Other Leagues play nicely together...eg Strikeforce and EliteXC share fighters, HDNet seems to be friendly with everyone. Affliction seems keen to let most people free-agent themselves among the leagues as well. To my knowledge, all of those guys are signatories to the unified ranking system as well.

There are two elephants in that room - the IFL, which seems to have a pretty limited future (share price down to four cents or something, right?) and of course, the giant elephant - Zuffa - who keep the mother-of-all-competitions, the UFC (and WEC for that matter) well away from all other leagues.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Why bother? This guy is to MMA as Artisan Fran is to Climate Change.

+1. ROFLMFAO.
worship.gif
worship.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads