• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mid Term Grades for designprofessor shoe damage

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, here's a sample of what I own.
A few things I must say:
I do have black shoes but am looking for new ones.
I'm also looking for suede.
Most are Allen Edmonds, because they work for me and only now am I branching out to other makers.
I don't have the best shoe trees, but i do rotate what I have around.

I also included some of my favorite ties, might as well start a tie damgage while we're at it.

Group one: left to right
1. Allen Edmonds (not sure the style name)
2.AE "Broadstreet"
3.Mezlan "Squire"
4. Antonio Maurizi

Group two: left to right
1.Banana Republic (I like to wear boots with my suits in fall / winter, these are great with heavier stuff, sturdy too.)
2.AE "Brantley"
3.AE, not sure of the style name, 4 rows of stitching on wingtip design.
4.Alden, these are over 15 years old, got them for $90
5.Romano Martegani, SF's Ron Ryder helped me out on these.

Ties : Left to right:
1 Robert Talbott, B o C,skull and bones, I wear this one to graduation and at test time
smile.gif

2.Harold Powell
3.Zegna
4.Zegna
5. Barney's
6. Zegna
7. Robert Talbott, BoC

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice! I like your taste in shoes. Not a 10.5 US, are you
devil.gif
? P.s. those Mezlans are surprisingly tasteful (fot Mezlans I mean). Good choice!

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Someone get our friend a rug, stat. Very nice collection, the specs are great.

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments gentlemen, especially from the prior posts from what you guys own.
edmorel, on the Marteganis, i'm not sure of the style name, don't even recall it on the box. I sent a jpeg from Francos to ron. Price $375

all the other AE's are from their shoe bank, about half off retail cost.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Those Marteganis are on the Franco's site. I've been eyeballing them for months.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Nice! I esp like the Maurizi's, the BR brogue boots, and the Martegani's. I agree that the Mezlan's look a lot better than the norm for Mez.

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Is that an AE austerity brogue in the second picture? Anyone know more about it?
Doc, that is from AE, fairly old, discontinued shoe as far as I know. The # on the inside is 2454 if that is a help. There is no style name on the inside sole. It has no perforations, instead four rows of small non contrasting stitching. The overall design is a traditional wingtip. I can post a side pic if needed.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice! My favorites are:

2.AE "Broadstreet"

2.AE "Brantley"

4.Alden (LOVE them)

5. Barney's tie

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by designprofessor
Doc, that is from AE, fairly old, discontinued shoe as far as I know. The # on the inside is 2454 if that is a help. There is no style name on the inside sole. It has no perforations, instead four rows of small non contrasting stitching. The overall design is a traditional wingtip. I can post a side pic if needed.

Would you, please? I really like the look of it, both the color and styling.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice shoes! I'm normally not a big fan of paisley ties, but the paisley tie from Harold's is my favorite.

spinlps

Reaction score
VERY nice. Thanks for the extra pics. Yet another shoe to search out...

Originally Posted by designprofessor
Doc,I believe color is "oak" according to AE. Double oak sole. I liked it because it was a modern take on the wingtip.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads