• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes in particular are they exactly same size as the normal lined Hiros.
Exactly, no.

Here's roughly what happened. As I mentioned before I have the monks in full grain, I think Hiro. It's generally an alright fit, although the leather is tough, except my toe box is slighthly squashed if I wear them for hours. I have walked upwards of 4km at a time with them though (in our lovely humid Singaporean heat), it's not ideal but it was doable.

When I got these supposedly sleeker and pointier loafers, they were tight... but not at the toebox, rather around the arch. I was temporarily worried they'd cut off the blood supply as some oxfords like to do. However, first, there's a hell of a lot more padding in the sole. I don't know what they sandwiched between the leather layers, but it feels almost like walking on a cushion. Definitely a very different experience from my monks. So, since you sink into the cushion, you get arch space. Second, it took only a few hours wear for the shoe to mould to my foot.

And now it is very comfortable, so much so that I was about to buy the whole range until my wife pointed out that I have a rather large shoe collection already and Meermin would probably stock these again given how fast they sold out. I stuck to one new pair.

At this point my relationship with Meermin is to just risk the money. It's only a couple hundred bucks, and I've never encountered the QA issues so decried here (I think there's selection bias where the 1-2% unlucky customers are 30 times more likely to come and post about it). The outside-EU tax saving on a mainstream brand like Septieme Largeur is more than a new pair of Meermins...

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, the colour initially was supremely bland. My wife objected to my giving it a small layer of cream because it made them "look cheap". But after a few wears it has already started getting enough colour variation to show off the leather depth, and I think the patina that will develop over time will be quite nice.

Sehn82

Reaction score
Also, the colour initially was supremely bland. My wife objected to my giving it a small layer of cream because it made them "look cheap". But after a few wears it has already started getting enough colour variation to show off the leather depth, and I think the patina that will develop over time will be quite nice.

Mind sharing some pics? Also a hello from a fellow sg'ean here.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly, no.

Here's roughly what happened. As I mentioned before I have the monks in full grain, I think Hiro. It's generally an alright fit, although the leather is tough, except my toe box is slighthly squashed if I wear them for hours. I have walked upwards of 4km at a time with them though (in our lovely humid Singaporean heat), it's not ideal but it was doable.

When I got these supposedly sleeker and pointier loafers, they were tight... but not at the toebox, rather around the arch. I was temporarily worried they'd cut off the blood supply as some oxfords like to do. However, first, there's a hell of a lot more padding in the sole. I don't know what they sandwiched between the leather layers, but it feels almost like walking on a cushion. Definitely a very different experience from my monks. So, since you sink into the cushion, you get arch space. Second, it took only a few hours wear for the shoe to mould to my foot.

And now it is very comfortable, so much so that I was about to buy the whole range until my wife pointed out that I have a rather large shoe collection already and Meermin would probably stock these again given how fast they sold out. I stuck to one new pair.

At this point my relationship with Meermin is to just risk the money. It's only a couple hundred bucks, and I've never encountered the QA issues so decried here (I think there's selection bias where the 1-2% unlucky customers are 30 times more likely to come and post about it). The outside-EU tax saving on a mainstream brand like Septieme Largeur is more than a new pair of Meermins...

Ahh then I should take half size down from the usual stiff Hiro. My tax here is 36% so the EU saving can't cover. So every purchase should be carefully calculated.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mind sharing some pics? Also a hello from a fellow sg'ean here.
I think this was the first or second wear:

upload_2018-7-28_13-8-2.png

The sole took two days to dry, you know how it is here, you go out in full sun and before you know it...

You can see in the photo that the toebox is wider, less pointy than is implied on the site or compared to the monks, which are outright triangular:

upload_2018-7-28_13-9-24.png

harlequin782

Reaction score
Seriously considering picking up a pair of whole cuts and loafers. The last few pages have got me worried now!

Youre not the only one. I mean the last few pages have been filled with woeful examples of defects...i just hope my pair turn out ok..if not, i guess Ill have to cut my losses and end my little foray into Meermin.

wearit

Reaction score
Had these Meermin loafers for about 5 months. Wear them a couple of times a week and clean and condition as needed. Shoe trees after every wear. Left shoe is fine but look at the cracks in the right shoe....never seen this before. Meermin says some 'wrinkles' are normal. They seem to not want to do anything about it.

15329544669008714238815424068993.jpg

Styzoom

Reaction score
Had these Meermin loafers for about 5 months. Wear them a couple of times a week and clean and condition as needed. Shoe trees after every wear. Left shoe is fine but look at the cracks in the right shoe....never seen this before. Meermin says some 'wrinkles' are normal. They seem to not want to do anything about it.

View attachment 1011407

Do you walk up a lot of stairs?

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a pair of the Polo Rapello Suede Loafer (101484) on Ron last.

Instead of pictures, I shot a short video instead.

First impression is that they are quite comfortable and I believe they are appropriate up to business casual environment in Spring and Summer (and maybe early Autumn.)

Side note: Wanting a pair of suede loafer, I first got a paid of AE Sea Island (which is less formal) but had to return them due to sizing even though the suede is so much nicer and softer. I then tried to order the Meermin Snuff Suede (114409) but erroneously ordered these instead. But they turned out to be quite nice and I am happy to keep them.

The Louche V2

Reaction score
I am looking for insight on the new NOD-last penny loafers.

Does anyone have experience with the sizing of these -- do they run true, small, or large? (I could not find a size chart for this last.)

Any other insight is also helpful.

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered these split-toe bluchers as MTO? If yes, have you heard anything from Meermin in regards to when they will be shipped? They were supposed to be shipped in late June.

10161014170000DE-6_22.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads