• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wishiwasricher

Reaction score
Sweet- i saw them on the website but didnt see the broguing. Looks like i found my next meermin. Mind you they are facing very stonrg competition from the boots that Kashmir posted. Does anyone know how much they cost? Is it the same as any MTO order?

konda

Reaction score
Some photos of the this shoe:
http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2345

Overall the shoe is ok. Suede is decent. Not excellent, not terrible but average. Construction is wobbly - these are not stiff sturdy shoes. The last is wide: very realistic to a UK G / US E.

Overall the shoe is a great beater and the price is good.

Last edited:

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some photos of the this shoe:
http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2345

Overall the shoe is ok. Suede is decent. Not excellent, not terrible but average. Construction is wobbly - these are not stiff sturdy shoes. The last is wide: very realistic to a UK G / US E.

Overall the shoe is a great beater and the price is good.

I have the same pair of shoes. I agree with everything you wrote. Not the best suede, construction, etc. But for the price a very good shoe.

konda

Reaction score
can we find out once and for all where these things are made?

At least the Classic Collection shoes are made in China (a very small chance in some other Asian country, but China is the information I have been given).

If looking for quality significantly above average from your normal British/American shoes (like Loake 1880 series, Sanders, Allen Edmonds, Barker, Herring Shoes), I suggest one only considers the Linea Maestro line from Meermin and forgets about the Classic Collection. If one is looking for an average shoe, like the ones above, I suggest one goes for the Classic Collection: they are beater shoes, do not be mistaken about this.

Last edited:

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even though the QC might not be great, the leather is far more better on my Meermin from the classic line than my Loake 1880 and Herring shoes.

konda

Reaction score
^^ I find this extremely hard to believe, although won't deny it isn't possible. I've always been quite happy with Loake's quality in the 1880 series.

Needsmoreshoes

Reaction score
I'm interested to see if this is true, got 1 pair of Herrings and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the leather but Meermin do source their suede from the same maker as Alden (or so I've heard) so this could perhaps be true.

ddsg

Reaction score
It may be that the uppers are sewn in China and then welted in Spain. I believe Allen Edmonds does this with some of its "made in the USA" models (only replace China with the Dominican Republic)

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I agree mate, don't worry. Just a lot that do a MTO buy (applies to suits too) end up with something "unique" to them that in reality is actually not very wearable, because it stands out too much. As you can see I'm wearing almost the same thing in brown on the other foot, so my shoe tastes are rather conservative.

oh, you're welcome. my taste is pretty conservative either. i just have the approach that you should get the best what you can afford for basic and staple models as they get the most wear time.

e.g. i would probably get a saddle shoe from bass given it fits me due it is a casual fun shoe.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads