• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manila Tailor

JayVilla

Reaction score
Hey guys. I live in Canada and am currently staying in Manila for a few weeks. Im not really knowledgable on fabric, style lingo and terms of a real detailed suit but I know a great looking suit when I see it. Now you know a bit of my background, I would appreciate any help from more knowledgable gurus from Manila.

I recently got the best suit ever from http://www.indochino.com/. Has anyone tried it? (Great business idea from my fellow Canadians!) I wanna get a tweed suit for the Fall / Winter. I would like the same style and detail options from Indochino (try going through an online purchase, they will give you all the options as you go. you don't have to make a purchase to see the options) but I recently found talking to the local tailors here difficult as I speak English and I think they have a hard time understanding my Canadian / American accent. I totally understand Tagalog but don't speak it fluently and I would like the tailor to follow my suit details / fit by bringing it to them but I feel like I need a better, knowledgable person to enlighten me on the fabrics as it will be too late for me to get their swatches mailed to Manila. http://www.indochino.com/tailors-kit/about

I love Indochino as the best e-tailor to be more cost effective than getting a tailor in Canada but I wanna see what it would be like to get a Manila tailor at a better labour cost. here are the things I would purchase from them but I would like to know if I should take a chance here in Manila or should just **** off and get it from Indochino

http://www.indochino.com/collection/Chambray-Shirts
http://www.indochino.com/product/la-boca-red-chinos
http://www.indochino.com/product/The-Excursionist-Blue-Trenchcoat

I also like the details of Bonobos back pockets. http://www.bonobos.com/welcome/r# check out their video on the homepage.

I would like to get chinos, denim jeans, plaid dress shirts, chambray & gingham to name a few.

I think I can trust the tailors in Manila but what I really wanna get is peace of mind and the best fabric around. Come to think of it, all I have to provide them are the pictures of the details I want but I don't know where I can get the perfect fabric. It is one thing to see the rolls of fabric but seeing the final product is another thing.

I work out and take care of my body and it would be a crime to the ladies if I don't get more and more custom made dress shirts & pants. I was even thinking about getting sleeveless dress shirts to show off the guns!

manila style gurus, please enlighten me.

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys. I live in Canada and am currently staying in Manila for a few weeks. Im not really knowledgable on fabric, style lingo and terms of a real detailed suit but I know a great looking suit when I see it. Now you know a bit of my background, I would appreciate any help from more knowledgable gurus from Manila.
[...]
manila style gurus, please enlighten me.

Well, wait til they see you coming. Ka-ching! You've got the cart before the horse, and I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Learn the lingo. Know what you want. And more importantly, what's the right look for you. Know how to articulate it to someone who's willing and able to make it happen. Invest the time now or you'll be wasting money later.

That being said, if you've read this thread most customers have been, at best,... satisfied. Do you think that's a good return on investment?

I would like to get chinos, denim jeans, plaid dress shirts, chambray & gingham to name a few.

I think this a safer alternative to jumping all in for a suit. Lots of info in this thread re this.

Last edited:

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm organizing another meetup and I hope the fellows here could join. We'd love to meet more men into menswear. It's happening on Saturday July 14 1PM at Cafe Publico in Greenhills. Details and sign up here.

I'd like to see MrUnicorn show up to this on his motorcycle. :slayer:

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No Ed, I haven't had anything done by Secret Armory. Was hoping you'd have feedback already hahaha.

kalye

Reaction score
Guys where do you have your jeans hemmed or cut? It's my first time to buy raw. I bought apc rescues.

paolo1894

Reaction score
Hey Kalye,

Defacto in Legaspi village would probably be able to. They say they've got a machine that does chain-stitching if that's something you want.

Paolo

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey Kalye,

Defacto in Legaspi village would probably be able to. They say they've got a machine that does chain-stitching if that's something you want.

Paolo

Nice find. They have pictures of 'em. Will be in the PI in a few weeks so I'll check out their offerings.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KingCaru