• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in China is now high end?

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really I'd rather not, but people having a variety of extremely violent crimes committed against them being ignored by police/security. I don't know how many ended in death but I'd guess at least one. The police deliberately didn't come several times, while security just literally turns the other way and pretends not to see so they don't have to do anything. Also, **** is basically not a crime. The girl shouldn't have been such a whore if she didn't want to get fucked, etc.

Everybody Kung Fu fighting!

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? You're going to play the card that this sort of **** happens everywhere at some point in time, so it's OK? No worries about frequency/prevalence?
eh.gif

Read in the news today that the Chinese police authorities have decided to crack down on the open secret that is 'black jails', basically private illegal jails run by security firms who are in the employ of local councils. People who travel from rural areas to urban centres to protest are 'arrested' illegally by these private security forces on the orders of local councils, and then thrown into these black jails where all bets are off as to what happens.

this sounds like a movie i've seen...oh yea! Riki Oh: The Story of Ricky! Bad ass!

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While we are still on the hate China bandwagon I will post some pro-American propaganda: http://www.thefryecompany.com/leather-and-craftsmanship/
No doubt some of you will enjoy the above video, of course there is absolutely no reason why such boots cannot be made in China and still be of excellent quality.
So far on the American hate list we got: Black people, then Muslims, now the Chinese, so what is gonna be the next big thing?

don't forget the mexicans!

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

With me, when it comes to Made in China clothes, I don't really care. But electronics...that's a different story...

I guess you won't be buying much electronics then. Do you know where your PC or Mac was made?

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am foaming at the mouth. We've already had threads like this one and I have ranted in those threads.
First the Great American Sell-Out...now the Great American Give-away. Treasonous corporations everywhere.
Dark days are already upon North America. My crystal ball sees Mandarin as the new official international language.
Can you imagine Billy-Bob Baboon and his kinfolk learning Mandarin? It is coming. The sleeping giant has awoken in the land where life is cheap.

Disclaimer;
I love Chinese people and Chinese food. It is North American out-sourcing I object to.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I am foaming at the mouth. We've already had threads like this one and I have ranted in those threads.
First the Great American Sell-Out...now the Great American Give-away. Treasonous corporations everywhere.
Dark days are already upon North America. My crystal ball sees Mandarin as the new official international language.
Can you imagine Billy-Bob Baboon and his kinfolk learning Mandarin? It is coming. The sleeping giant has awoken in the land where life is cheap.
Disclaimer;
I love Chinese people and Chinese food. It is North American out-sourcing I object to.

Oh give me a break ...

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What subject would that be?

I study economics and growth. Part of my work has been on how advanced industrial economies can stay competitive, especially in the face of a rising China.

I knew you were going to type something like this ^.
I won't waste my time trying to convince you of anything but I will tell you this...You'll get a job being part of the problem and you'll be well paid for it.
The books you read from are safe books. On your spare time search out the books that their authors were killed or punished for writing. There you will find the ugly truth.
They don't teach such things in schools. Ask your professor. He will either admit it -or- react with nervous laughter and deny it.
If he admits it he may caution you not to apply such information if you wish to pass the grade. If he denies it, he would be protecting his job.
Keep us updated.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I knew you were going to type something like this ^.
I won't waste my time trying to convince you of anything but I will tell you this...You'll get a job being part of the problem and you'll be well paid for it.
The books you read from are safe books. On your spare time search out the books that their authors were killed or punished for writing. There you will find the ugly truth.
They don't teach such things in schools. Ask your professor. He will either admit it -or- react with nervous laughter and deny it.
If he admits it he may caution you not to apply such information if you wish to pass the grade. If he denies it, he would be protecting his job.
Keep us updated.

:thumbs-up:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well that'll put me out of a job, fortunately I've probably got a head start on the new lingo though.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess you won't be buying much electronics then. Do you know where your PC or Mac was made?

You are right. I haven't been buying much electronics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics