• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

louis vuitton shoes

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
I can honestly say that there are no LV products in my wardrobe. There are none for a reason.

Originally Posted by Pleb, please.
cause you BROKE

Originally Posted by onix
^ lolz, noob
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

read more noob

Unregistered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Like yourself ?

22349_274604457268_729512268_4568815_7433545_n.jpg

Gucci Shirt MYR1500
Armani Jean's Jean MYR9xx with 10%
Louis Vuitton Monogram with LV Initial MYR15xx
Louis Vuitton Sneakers MYR1900

Well done sir. Well done.

I'm guilty of a LV belt myself, but everything else I rather a brand that many here would agree with.

Unless you can find a great deal on LV shoes on eBay, you're far better off looking for AE, C&J, Aldens or EG at the price you'd pay for a LV shoe.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Well done sir. Well done.

I'm guilty of a LV belt myself, but everything else I rather a brand that many here would agree with.

Unless you can find a great deal on LV shoes on eBay, you're far better off looking for AE, C&J, Aldens or EG at the price you'd pay for a LV shoe.

Literally right after my post about the Santiagos, I found a black pair of Alden "leisure moccasin" in cordovan that I would probably like more. Also costs about $90 less.

JonathanCWalker

Reaction score
Not the best quality shoes in the world but they do a few nice designs that you wouldn't usually see. I own a pair but find them very narrow

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know who makes LV's shoes? I'm assuming they have them outsourced to an actual shoe manufacturer? :eh:

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have had these for a few years and in all honesty I have had more compliments on this shoe then any of my EG, JL or STC! These are made in France and have held out very well.

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think because they scream "designer" and people tend to compliment those things more, IME

Yes this was also my first thought but strangely these compliments are not always from any Tom, Dick or Harry but surprisingly from gentlemen who themselves wear and know about good footwear. Anyway JL do the same driver shoe the leather is the same and I would not be surprised if they are made in the same factory!

Last edited:

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes this was also my first thought but strangely these compliments are not always from any Tom, Dick or Harry but surprisingly from gentlemen who themselves wear and know about good footwear. Anyway JL do the same driver shoe the leather is the same and I would not be surprised if they are made in the same factory!

Improbable. LVMH and Hermes aren't too found of each other.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think because they scream "designer" and people tend to compliment those things more, IME

100% true, especially if it shows a conspicuous designer logo.

I have had these for a few years and in all honesty I have had more compliments on this shoe then any of my EG, JL or STC!

These are made in France and have held out very well.

More than likely because of the logo. Sure most people recognise the Louis Vuitton "LV" trademark. TBH I'd never heard of Edward Green or John Lobb until joined SF. You probably wear your "EG, JL or STC" because you can enjoy and appreciate them. But to other members of the general public they might as well be Clarks Shoes or something.

I'd probably receive many compliments if I wore something like this....

Last edited:

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you probably wear your "EG, JL or STC" because you can enjoy and appreciate them. you are 100% correct and I love them also but there are two French Companies I have a lot of respect for irrelevant of what they do , they are LVMH and Hermes. There was a time my friends that JL were selling more shoes on ebay they were at their shops and I remember correctly that I wrote them a letter about this, thankfully you don't see many now. EG had lost its way completely some of their shoes were terrible they all were also not made in the UK! LVMH on the other had have never held a sale no discounts at their shoes and no duty free shopping or factory shopping but you can still see a queue for people outside their shoes! I I have a few bags and wallets from the UTAH leather range and love them also they certainly do not scream LV or designer. Here is another pair of LV driver shoes I wear quite often.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Many of the brands that most SFers would turn their nose up at are actually very capable of making an incredibly high quality product and do so in the top tiers of their offerings. There are obviously many makers I would purchase from ahead of the guccis, lv's, ect of the world, but there is no need to specifically eliminate them from consideration.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads