• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Robert Rieder

Reaction score
Yeah, this is a real bargain. Pattern customization and essentially a step beyond normal MTO for free is kinda nuts. Craftsmanship looks really good.

Also, how did you come up w/ the idea for the D pocket? Really interesting design.
Yes, craftmanship is top notch, as I do have a comparison with many other Japanese, Canadian, US and European makers. As far as the "heart-shaped" D-pocket design is concerned I was inspired by a relatively small Asian maker.

Robert Rieder

Reaction score
I've just seen on his website that a jacket made of Shinki costs now 1000 GBP, Badalassi 850 GBP. I ordered the jacket back in March/April

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've just seen on his website that a jacket made of Shinki costs now 1000 GBP, Badalassi 850 GBP. I ordered the jacket back in March/April
Yeah, I think what you paid was essentially the new makers discount. Price in Aero range but looks to be a significant step up in make. The pattern making vids on his IG are really interesting.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sandro:

What you all think of it?

Robert Rieder

Reaction score
I think that leather jackets are amazing!
If someone is looking for a fashion / mall off-the-rack lambskin jacket then it's the right jacket to go for. If you look for high quality, hand manufactured leather jacket made by skilled artisans who use best vegetable / combination-tanned/chrome tanned leathers available in the world (e.g. Veg-tanned/combination tanned Shinki Horsehide, veg-tanned Carlo Badalassi cowhide, chrome tanned Horween horsehide, thick/heavy Horsehide by Lost Worlds NY, to name just a few), then you better go with makers like Aero Leather, Simmons Bilt, Thedi Leathers, Bill Kelso, Freewheelers, Fine Creek Leathers, The Flat Head, The Real Mccoy's, Field Leathers, Rainbow Country, The Few, etc. I also started with more or less expensive lambskin jackets years ago but I sold them all....anyway, tastes are different and this is just my point of view.

Robert Rieder

Reaction score
Sandro:

If someone is looking for a fashion / mall off-the-rack lambskin jacket then it's the right jacket to go for. If you look for high quality, hand manufactured leather jacket made by skilled artisans who use best vegetable / combination-tanned/chrome tanned leathers available in the world (e.g. Veg-tanned/combination tanned Shinki Horsehide, veg-tanned Carlo Badalassi cowhide, chrome tanned Horween horsehide, thick/heavy Horsehide by Lost Worlds NY, to name just a few), then you better go with makers like Aero Leather, Simmons Bilt, Thedi Leathers, Bill Kelso, Freewheelers, Fine Creek Leathers, The Flat Head, The Real Mccoy's, Field Leathers, Rainbow Country, The Few, etc. I also started with more or less expensive lambskin jackets years ago but I sold them all....anyway, tastes are different and this is just my point of view.
I forgot to mention deerskin which is such a great leather as it is so soft and pliable

Robert Rieder

Reaction score
Sandro:

I like this style but in my opinion at least 1000$ or more too expensive for the quality delivered compared to other manufacturers in similar price ranges as mentioned above. The list of manufacturers listed in my above post do have their manufacturing sites in Europe, Japan or US and not in large factories in China, India, Nepal, etc. with very low income /wages compared to the other makers (not sure where Sandro Paris do have manufacturing sites). For instance Thedi Leathers in Greece (I purchased 7 jackets from the owner Theodoros in the past years) has a great selection of so called Cafe Racer jackets (biker jackets like the one you posted) and he has so many different high quality vegetable tanned leathers (horsehide, cowhide, deerskin, buffalo etc.) which are all hand selected by the owner himself (he's been in this business for 30 or 40 years and he's an expert). He also offers different leather finishes like bees wax to give them an antique/used look. Here's one example of a Thedi jacket made of washed/waxed grey buffalo which I own. Again, this is just my opinion and you asked for our opinion.

Attachments

• IMG-6387.jpg
    IMG-6387.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG-6423.jpg
    IMG-6423.jpg
    416.8 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG-6445.jpg
    IMG-6445.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG-6448.jpg
    IMG-6448.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG-6455.jpg
    IMG-6455.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 224

Robert Rieder

Reaction score
I like this style but in my opinion at least 1000$ or more too expensive for the quality delivered compared to other manufacturers in similar price ranges as mentioned above. The list of manufacturers listed in my above post do have their manufacturing sites in Europe, Japan or US and not in large factories in China, India, Nepal, etc. with very low income /wages compared to the other makers (not sure where Sandro Paris do have manufacturing sites). For instance Thedi Leathers in Greece (I purchased 7 jackets from the owner Theodoros in the past years) has a great selection of so called Cafe Racer jackets (biker jackets like the one you posted) and he has so many different high quality vegetable tanned leathers (horsehide, cowhide, deerskin, buffalo etc.) which are all hand selected by the owner himself (he's been in this business for 30 or 40 years and he's an expert). He also offers different leather finishes like bees wax to give them an antique/used look. Here's one example of a Thedi jacket made of washed/waxed grey buffalo which I own. Again, this is just my opinion and you asked for our opinion.
If someone's interested, here's a link to Thedi's website but it's better to check Instagram posts as he hasn't updated his website for one or two years:

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, craftmanship is top notch, as I do have a comparison with many other Japanese, Canadian, US and European makers. As far as the "heart-shaped" D-pocket design is concerned I was inspired by a relatively small Asian maker.
The pocket design makes me think of Electric leather studio that I believe they did a Mushmans collab jacket with something similar. Your jacket looks fantastic. I've considered something from Greg, but I believe he doesn't have a button hole machine for cuffs yet? Snap cuffs or zips just aren't for me personally, but the fact that Greg uses badalassi leather is very tempting. I know Aero is as well, but something about the large needle holes their jackets have is something I'm not wild about.

Robert Rieder

Reaction score
The pocket design makes me think of Electric leather studio that I believe they did a Mushmans collab jacket with something similar. Your jacket looks fantastic. I've considered something from Greg, but I believe he doesn't have a button hole machine for cuffs yet? Snap cuffs or zips just aren't for me personally, but the fact that Greg uses badalassi leather is very tempting. I know Aero is as well, but something about the large needle holes their jackets have is something I'm not wild about.
Greg has just confirmed that he's currently talking to his local sewing engineer. He thinks that he can get him a button hole machine but it needs to be stripped down and rubuilt which is going to take time...as of today he cannot confirm when he gets one

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greg has just confirmed that he's currently talking to his local sewing engineer. He thinks that he can get him a button hole machine but it needs to be stripped down and rubuilt which is going to take time...as of today he cannot confirm when he gets one
I saw he's planning on releasing a cossack at some point (I'm assuming he needs a button machine for this as well). Would love to see one of those.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hehe, I didn’t pay full retail for it. Got it way cheaper (like 40% off). But I loved the design of it and the lambskin is very nice.

The Thedi Leathers look great by the way, just like a lot of other jackets in this thread.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Addict arrived. Really dope!!❤️
Much less crazy of a color than I thought

20200908_234402.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads