• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

It's near impossible to find pics of well-worn black horsehide.

Yes -- several.

There are two different types of black HH.  One type is black on the surface, with a brown under layer (this is frequently called "tea core").  This black will show brown when scratched and/or heavily worn.  Many like this vintage look.  The other type is black on the surface, with a black under layer (RMC calls this "deep black").  This black will remain black even when scratched and/or after heavy wear.  I personally prefer the deep black (both my RMC black Shinki HH and Himel black Shinki HH are deep black).

I like tea core stuff for boots, but agree that the true blacks tend to look better for jackets. FWIW, that HB for SE Kensington was a brown/ black.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Himel-Broth...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://instagram.com/p/mqOmnwKT6V/

http://instagram.com/p/mqOwI2KT6e/

For Distorb, Ironheart, Denimbro, and The Fedora Lounge has a ton of photos you can comb through

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No order to the list.  That said, RMC is probably my favorite, both because their quality is incredible and because they offer many different designs.  Himel is up there, but they only have a few models to choose from.  A few of the listed manufacturers are truly outstanding, but focus on military reproductions (e.g., A-2s) that I do not care for and only make a couple of models that I like (e.g., GW).  I love Freewheelers, but I do not yet own any of their leather (I have a wool jacket and several shirts).  ELMC also has a limited selection of models (ELMC's parent, Eastman, has a broader lineup, but focuses on military reproductions) -- I have an ELMC Californian on order.  Bill Kelso is an odd duck -- fantastic leathers and quality, along with a broard selection of styles, but the company representatives are a bit quirky (euphemism intended).  Aero would not have been on my list a few months ago because I am not a fan of Horween leather; however, with the addition of the Italian full grain veg tanned HH, Aero has my attention -- I have a seal brown Plainsman under construction right now -- Aero is also offering an interesting new goat hide.  Toys McCoys Beck repro is fantastic and, if I did not own RMC's Buco J-100, I would buy it (in fact, the Beck is so stellar that I am tempted to buy it notwithstanding the similarity to my J-100).  There are many other noteworthy manufacturers making similarly styled jackets, including Alexander, Lost Worlds and Diamond Dave, to name a few.

I looked at some of those and while they are good quality, i find the designs very boring. If i were to order one of those i'd have to edit them a bit. I like Aero and would like to shift the pockets a bit but after i found out that the aero is surface dyed i got a bit off put.

Adroit do you own any black leathers?

I've been toying with the idea of getting my Vanson/SF rider in a black horsehide, but I'm not sure I'll like the fade to brown effect on it.

It's near impossible to find pics of well-worn black horsehide.

do you know if the vanson comp or other leathers they have are fully dyed through? as in won't show brown after some wear

I like tea core stuff for boots, but agree that the true blacks tend to look better for jackets. FWIW, that HB for SE Kensington was a brown/ black.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Himel-Broth...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://instagram.com/p/mqOmnwKT6V/

http://instagram.com/p/mqOwI2KT6e/

For Distorb, Ironheart, Denimbro, and The Fedora Lounge has a ton of photos you can comb through

yikes, i don't like any of those aged, that brown seeping through aint for me

Adroit

Reaction score
I looked at some of those and while they are good quality, i find the designs very boring. If i were to order one of those i'd have to edit them a bit. I like Aero and would like to shift the pockets a bit but after i found out that the aero is surface dyed i got a bit off put.

I understand. The designs are relatively staid as compared to some of the more contemporary brands (e.g., RO or MA+). That said, I still favor these simple, enduring designs. If MA+ modified their recent Buffalo jacket to be a tad roomier in the chest, with slightly shorter sleeves, I might get a bit more adventurous.

yikes, i don't like any of those aged, that brown seeping through aint for me
I agree. However, the original jackets from Buco, Beck and others were brown core and developed that way. Thus, the brown core repos are more accurate and many like the resulting vintage look. I prefer a more enduring black.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stooges in blood colorway

Anyone know the tee? if RO, a specific name or link?

TIA

Somatic

Reaction score
Anyone know the tee? if RO, a specific name or link?

TIA
No clue, I've been searching for close to a week now for information and no such luck.

Bet it's something from several years back... and someone here will say it's got really cheap/thin leather. :(

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No clue, I've been searching for close to a week now for information and no such luck. 

Bet it's something from several years back... and someone here will say it's got really cheap/thin leather. :(

1. he is asking about the t shirt
2. the ro is probably from an upcoming season @RFX45 normally posts new stuff

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's the blood color from this season.. just got a message the RO store got them in yesterday, gonna stop by today and check them out. I don't have high hopes, though, because it's the same thin LGI leather has been quite underwhelming the past couple seasons.

Somatic

Reaction score
It's the blood color from this season.. just got a message the RO store got them in yesterday, gonna stop by today and check them out. I don't have high hopes, though, because it's the same thin LGI leather has been quite underwhelming the past couple seasons.

/Gulp. Here's to a decent leather because that color is badass!

Can you let me know how much they retail for?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads