• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Emixam

Reaction score

my item code 321-4151-NK-06
321 being leather type. Assume 06 is color (gray)
4151 and Nk probably refer to model # idk NK...

321 : leather type, as you said baby calf with somewhat treatment/wash
4151-AB : the model # ( Models either have the letters AB or NK, and it is no related to color so i am wondering what it is referring to exactly)
06 : the number of your jacket, you must have the same number under the 2 side rivets (one with 0 and one with 6)

this baby calf looks thinner than the 121, do you know the thickness ? 0.6mm maybe ?

Last edited:

jwoowoo

Reaction score
Has anyone handled Adam Kimmel Leathers before? Or this jacket specifically?

8XctDl.jpg

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

321 : leather type, as you said baby calf with somewhat treatment/wash
4151-AB : the model # ( Models either have the letters AB or NK, and it is no related to color so i am wondering what it is referring to exactly)
06 : the number of your jacket, you must have the same number under the 2 side rivets (one with 0 and one with 6)
this baby calf looks thinner than the 121, do you know the thickness ? 0.6mm maybe ?

0.6mm is insanely thin. I guess it's possible, but that is so thin that you could barely begin to call it leather.... literally paper thin.

Emixam

Reaction score
Incarnation does use calf 0.6mm (#211 and #311) and calf 0.8mm (#212), but I believe you : it must be paper thin

chomeo

Reaction score
Cows...nice leather! yours look like it's straight from the chest. rather a slim boxy? you're right about RO. The Intarsia I recently got tapers in at the bottom for a slim body hugging fit.

cowsareforeating

Reaction score

Cows...nice leather! yours look like it's straight from the chest. rather a slim boxy? you're right about RO. The Intarsia I recently got tapers in at the bottom for a slim body hugging fit.

you're right. theres not much taper on mine (but maybe on others?) but the leather now drapes nicely for a body hugging fit..

kinggimp

Reaction score
Dolce & Gabbana sheepskin leather

IMG_4526.jpg

IMG_4528.jpg

I realize brands like D&G don't get much love here and I do appreciate the looks of RO, Incarnation, Julius leathers etc etc, but I just don't think I can pull them off. Can anyone comment, though, on the durability of sheepskin? Does it lie somewhere between calf and lamb?

Closeup of the leather

IMG_4534.jpg

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dolce & Gabbana sheepskin leather
IMG_4526.jpg

IMG_4528.jpg

I realize brands like D&G don't get much love here and I do appreciate the looks of RO, Incarnation, Julius leathers etc etc, but I just don't think I can pull them off. Can anyone comment, though, on the durability of sheepskin? Does it lie somewhere between calf and lamb?
Closeup of the leather
IMG_4534.jpg

Meh this actually looks pretty nice, minimalist, inoffensive, and fits well. Here's the dealbreaker: how's the leather feel?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The leather looks on the slightly drier side of lambskin, from the spoiler pic. It probably has a hand very similar to some old Rick lambskins, but is thicker. You can kind of tell by the way it's not too thin when doubled over by the zipper, yet doesn't fully plump up like a thicker, well hydrated lambskin would.

kinggimp

Reaction score

The leather looks on the slightly drier side of lambskin, from the spoiler pic. It probably has a hand very similar to some old Rick lambskins, but is thicker. You can kind of tell by the way it's not too thin when doubled over by the zipper, yet doesn't fully plump up like a thicker, well hydrated lambskin would.

Thanks for the input. It does feel substantially heavier and thicker than my BoO lamb bomber. Btw, my next leather in all likelihood will be your minimalist dr. can't wait :slayer:

*edit. btw, is sheepskin the same as lambskin? Forgive my ignorance in such matters

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads