• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gawkrodger

Reaction score
perhaps slightly weird question, but anyone got any pics of people wearing blue leathers (navy and duller blues)

gawkrodger

Reaction score
is that with blue denim? can't quite tell wether it's bl;ue or black in the photo. Do you find taht combination works fine?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

here a pics of the jacket after i submerged it in warm water for 20 minutes, then threw it in the washing machine for a spin dry cycle for a couple of minutes, then hung it out to dry in the backyard, then wore it while damp to mold to body

results are that it has lost its sheen, and imo looks and fits better

pics above are pre wash

postwash
waywt022.jpg
waywt021.jpg

waywt024.jpg
waywt020.jpg

Just curious, but what's the point here? I've never heard of anybody soaking and washing leather like that. Is this some sort of bootleg STF action you've got going on here?

malakas

Reaction score

[/SPOILER]

Just curious, but what's the point here? I've never heard of anybody soaking and washing leather like that. Is this some sort of bootleg STF action you've got going on here?

i just find that it gets rid of that sheen, slightly waxy look that new leathers seem to have, that includes some non distressed leathers from RO/julius.

i purposely get my jackets made to fit a little snug at first, as i know they are going to stretch

washing it , then wearing it while damp just allows the jacket to mold to my body

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads