• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's better that you lose weight first then buy a jacket. Whatever jacket you're getting now might not look as good on you when you're done with the weight lose.
Yeah, I think that's a fair assessment. This is a brand new jacket anyway, so I think I can sell it and recover most of my money back. I just really liked the style and color and have low impulse control;)

I guess I was under the impression that if the shoulders and chest fit, the rest is usually okay.

NGOStudio

Reaction score
@Ezio I personally doubt the modern/casual biker look will work on you; maybe a Harley or classic American cut such as Schott can. Safest choice might be a bomber type jacket.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Ezio I personally doubt the modern/casual biker look will work on you; maybe a Harley or classic American cut such as Schott can. Safest choice might be a bomber type jacket.

I've got a suede bomber jacket, it's nice, but it has always looked a bit off on me as well.

Maybe I'm not meant for leather jackets! Barbour/waxed canvas jackets and denim jackets always look great on me haha

NGOStudio

Reaction score
@Ezio Try check out some vintage biker jacket on ebay uk or Buco and similar designs, it might work out splendid :)

c64e858a573164ebfdc54ccc3626a83f Iron Horse Lady Women Vintage Biker Jacket Leather.jpg

edit buco Buco Vintage Perfecto Leather Biker Jacket.jpg

s-l1600 Vintage BUCO J-22 HorseHide leather Jacket 36 Small Biker Cafe Racer Patina 1.jpg

s-l1600 Vintage BUCO J-22 HorseHide leather Jacket 36 Small Biker Cafe Racer Patina 8.jpg

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How tall and big are you (chest, waist, etc..)? That jacket looks too long in both the arms and torso, but fairly tight around the body. I might suggest something like Real McCoy for you, but I really don't know what you are into.

So I did measure myself this morning:

Chest = 43"
Waist = 43" (I'm down, woo)
Neck = 15"
Seat = approx 46" (assuming I measured correctly)

Here's the size guide I was checking with: https://www.ca.allsaints.com/size-guide/mens/

The jacket is an XL and seems to correspond with those measurements, I think?

Last edited:

BallsBallsBalls

Reaction score
@sinnedk you could have just posted a link and some description :D

@BallsBallsBalls you’re such a character man, but I think it’s more productive to focus your energy more into your work. If you have time to spare, I’d love to hear more about your journey and if you have anything else in addition to those jackets.

Thanks man, I take that as a huge compliment, lol!!

Yeah, I think you're right and been doing just that. Thanks for being so rad man! For real, you were very encouraging.

I think you're right, not sure this is the right place for me. All good though! I'd love to hear what you're doing, I'd love to talk. I'll check in on the forum from time to time. Down to talk by PM, too.

Weird man, everything's rolling. Got the instagram going. Got the website. Not saying this to spam anything like that. But literally listed a jacket on instagram, and started getting emails before I had the listing done online. Sold it an hour later after fixing the listing. This is getting really exciting, and I appreciate your encouragement. Mean that! Sorry if I was rubbing people the wrong way. Again, just not sure this is my place. Just weird because the response I got here from the beginning has been TOTALLY different from everywhere else. Like 100% different. Anyway, stay awesome all. Sorry if I got defensive here.

Lohikaarme

Reaction score
Anyone got any leads for super heavy leather double riders? Thinking something 1.6mm+ (4oz), preferably 1.8mm+ (4.5oz)? Moreso, looking for one with a cupro/rayon type of lining, and a bit longer in length (say, 25") with a belt. The Schott P613S is pretty close, but it has a wool lining. Otherwise, about perfect.

I also saw Aero has FQHH which looks pretty nice, but I'm not as wild about their designs (e.g. ticket pocket).

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone got any leads for super heavy leather double riders? Thinking something 1.6mm+ (4oz), preferably 1.8mm+ (4.5oz)? Moreso, looking for one with a cupro/rayon type of lining, and a bit longer in length (say, 25") with a belt. The Schott P613S is pretty close, but it has a wool lining. Otherwise, about perfect.

I also saw Aero has FQHH which looks pretty nice, but I'm not as wild about their designs (e.g. ticket pocket).

Off the tip of my head the heavy calf stooges code is something like LCW and falcon maybe able to accommodate.

Aero I did a lot of research and as I understand FQHH is made for riding a bike and super stiff.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score

Aero allows some level of customization so you could always change a few of their designs. Lost worlds makes super heavy jackets, their leathers typically come in at 4-4.5oz. a word of warning since I also used to want a heavy HH jacket. They suck. even wearing it for my bike it became unbearable and had to sell it a few months after purchasing

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads