• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Learn how to swim

jakejake

Reaction score
Just an update. So right now I can swim a little with the front crawl kicks and my hands are doing breast stroke. Is there a name for this type of strokes I'm doing? I find the breast stroke kicks hard.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jakejake
Just an update. So right now I can swim a little with the front crawl kicks and my hands are doing breast stroke. Is there a name for this type of strokes I'm doing? I find the breast stroke kicks hard.

I believe its called dip-**** stroke. For God's sakes, no one except Huck Finn swim like that. You can take part in the Olympics if they have a category for all the lamestrokes people come up with. Phelps will be commentating on that laughing his Speedos off at the sight of people knocking into each other.

Go get yourself a proper coach.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beasty
I believe its called dip-**** stroke. For God's sakes, no one except Huck Finn swim like that. You can take part in the Olympics if they have a category for all the lamestrokes people come up with. Phelps will be commentating on that laughing his Speedos off at the sight of people knocking into each other.

Go get yourself a proper coach.

Wow. The self-esteem of some people to criticize others for no reason.

While the stroke you are performing has no actual name, I assume it is progress for you as you are considering it an update. Good for you.

here is what I personally recommend, if you are already doing breast stroke motions with your arms. Do NOT be afraid to fully extend your body for a full breast stroke motion; my guess is lifeguards/veteran swimmers are overseeing your work so at some point you have to decide to just go for it. As with most people, with most new experiences, fear and fear of failure are what hold us back. You just have to go out and do it, and you will.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're having trouble with kicks, you can practice the kicks separately with a kickboard.

I have trouble with the breast stroke's frog kick too. It helps to be flexible in the groin area, so do some stretching.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano
Wow. The self-esteem of some people to criticize others for no reason.

While the stroke you are performing has no actual name, I assume it is progress for you as you are considering it an update. Good for you.

here is what I personally recommend, if you are already doing breast stroke motions with your arms. Do NOT be afraid to fully extend your body for a full breast stroke motion; my guess is lifeguards/veteran swimmers are overseeing your work so at some point you have to decide to just go for it. As with most people, with most new experiences, fear and fear of failure are what hold us back. You just have to go out and do it, and you will.

You ribbing me or what?

The guy invents a new stroke and ask for the name of it and you think its OK?
If he uses breast stroke on left hand, free style on right and uses butterfly for his legs and keeps ramming to the left wall, you don't think its preposterous and trailer park Olympic-esque?

Duh? If you drop your booger in a gelato and ask me what its called, I will tell ya its "rjmaiorano dingus flavour".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads