• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Landan 2012 Olympics

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We know who Mr. Bean is.
Anyone got a good stream/video of the opening?
Oh that's OK. Think everything on the Olympics gets put on Youtube, its finished now anyway just Gary Lineker, Sue Barker and Michael Johnson talking about ****.

Got a bit of hope in us to not be totally overshadowed by Brazil in three weeks time.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
opening ceremony is good for one thing - see which country sent the foxiest athletes

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well that was pretty..... Meh

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wtf you guys complaining about? It's the opening ceremonies. Nothing special.

On a lighter note, I hope Usain bolt destroy's the entire competition. :slayer::slayer::slayer:

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The opening ceremony was cautionary tale for the rest of the world. You may have had the Beatles and the Stones and the Who, but you could end up with Muse. Even scarier, you may have invented the world wide web... but end up with zilch.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Last edited:

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What the hell are you talking about?  Muse is the greatest band out there now, full stop.   Wtf do you want...a Bollywood song-and-dance number like in Slumdog Millionaire?

The ceremonies were strange.  The message I took away from it was Britain is becoming today what Venice was in the year 1750.  Once a mighty commercial empire, but now decay is the new artform.  Tourism, exporting James Bond and  music paraphernalia, instead of gondola rides and glassware trinkets, is what the future has in store.  The sun hasn't just set on the Empire, it's imploded into a black hole.  nothing but darkness ahead.  Sad really.

Funny they should emphasize the industrial revolution, hahahah.  Belching smog into the air, working class toiling away while cigar-smoking Brunel-like bosses watch over them, and war.   Everything every 3rd world shithole--China, India, you name it--wants to be!   Like a warning to them--look where it got us!

Hopefully, the weirdness was just Danny Boyle, and the games will be much better.
Yeah he is a bit of a leftie ****, apparently they had bits about strikes and that sort of thing but I must have been having a piss at the time because I didn't see it.

You don't think that the blitz was a major event in this countries history? I'm not really sure how to respond to the rest apart from to say you sound like you don't know what you're talking about.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wtf you guys complaining about? It's the opening ceremonies. Nothing special.
On a lighter note, I hope Usain bolt destroy's the entire competition. :slayer::slayer::slayer:
I think most people expected us to try to blow China out of the water, I'll watch Athens' one later and see how it compares, I think that would be something we could realistically compete with.

It would be so much cheaper if we just forced the builders to build it rather than paying them wages, we have inferior business practices to a communist country, we're fucked.

Last edited:

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watching the gymnastics, some *********** who is the world champion, Chinese champion and Olympic champion spins round the high bar 5 times in a row, jumps up, spins once vertically and twice horizontally, catches himself on the bar, stops himself from spinning and put its legs through his arms. Commentator decides "looks a bit scrappy" as though he'd let go when spinning and ended up in a heap on the floor.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just put BBC 1 on, to my delight it was beach volleyball, England vs Poland. Read the full bit at the bottom and found out it was men's.:violin:

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's safe to say women's basketball and soccer is just as boring to watch in international play as it is domestically. Snore.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is beach volleyball!

DSCN0631.jpg

DSCN0638.jpg

DSCN0643.jpg

DSCN0642.jpg

Good fun.

BTW loved the opening ceremony.

fir3fox

Reaction score
Sweet pics!

How does it work?

Do you get to choose the events you'd like to attend or is it a lottery?

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the start you chose the events you wanted and were put into a lottery. Now for the ones spare it is first come first served.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads