• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Krass Brothers Store of the Stars

Kasper

Reaction score
That Klauss Boehler topic reminded me of where I bought my first suit as a kid the place was called Krass Brothers Store of the Stars, on South St. in Philadelphia.

Has anyone else on the forum been to or heard of this Philly landmark? Its closed now but I think I still have that suit in my parent's closet. Next time I'm there I'll see if its fused.

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was never in the store, but drove by it and certainly knew of it. He was king of the cheesy local TV ads on UHF with all the ugly girl/wannabe actresses attacking him at the end of every one. "Krass Brothers... store...of the stars!"
blush.gif

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those commercials were great. I'd see his lemon yellow Rolls in the parking lot all the time. I think he did a good business w/ a few of the Sixers. Sartorial trademark? The lapelless jacket! My friend saw him in public and attmepted to get close enough to check out his suit, but was rebuffed by a couple of bodyguards. Very strange guy, w/ orange Trump hair...

Kasper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
Those commercials were great. I'd see his lemon yellow Rolls in the parking lot all the time. I think he did a good business w/ a few of the Sixers. Sartorial trademark? The lapelless jacket! My friend saw him in public and attmepted to get close enough to check out his suit, but was rebuffed by a couple of bodyguards. Very strange guy, w/ orange Trump hair...

It was actually because of those commercials that my parents took me to that place.

Thinking about it now I wonder if Benny Krass was in any way related to Crazy Eddie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads