• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kabbaz Shirts

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Manton,
Haven't you recently said that you own 1 Kabbaz shirt?

If I said that, it would have to have been a long time ago. I got a few more, and have stopped. Possibly forever, but never say never.

But it's impossible to tell from a picture at that distance. How can we judge fabric, feel, etc.?
Well, this would not be a particularly good measure of the quality of the shirtmaker, because in principle any maker can get any fabric.

Last questions. Someone said something about a $600 shirt. Aren't Kabbaz shirts closer to $1000?
The base price is now $750, but I'm sure they go up to $1,000 or more. I never ordered 200s (his most expensive cloth). I ordered one 170s.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As a customer of the Kabbaz Travel Agency, I recommend his products.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
It's not so much that I don't like them; the shirts are good and I still wear all the ones they made for me. But in my most recent dealings with them (now two years ago) they made mistakes and then told me a lot of BS to try to cover those mistakes. Since then, they have apparently been telling a phony version of the story to others, who choose to reference that with allusions to dark motives rather than give any specifics. FYI, I have laid out all the specifics of my complaint in the past and would do so again if anyone cared.

It's not really covering up if the little white lies are so boldfaced that they'd be funny if they weren't intended seriously.

My experience was similar to Manton's and Panzer's. I can tell you for certain that they have an outstanding complaint with the BBB that they haven't responded to. I've detailed my problems with them elsewhere.

Paris makes a good shirt. The fit was always a little quirky and their default (like a number of other makers) is for a rather blousy shirt. But the construction is very good, their occasional use of plastic buttons notwithstanding.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to have you back.
smile.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
It's not really covering up if the little white lies are so boldfaced that they'd be funny if they weren't intended seriously.

Eh, it's just a communications problem. That is, you didn't understand that when they communicated inacurate information, you were supposed to eat it, communicate aquiesence, and give them more money.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It was more a debate about whether quality exists, how it can be judged, whose word can be trusted, how many opinions are necessary before the sample size is valid, etc. But Kabbaz figured prominently. J squirrelled it.
frown.gif

Squirrelled? The shame...

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Squirrelled? The shame...

Yeah. I can understand squirrelling my two ancilary threads. But the original should have stayed, I think.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
You know what happens to mutineers? We chain them to a cannonball and send them down to see Davy Jones.
Album%20Davy%20Jones.gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The original was almost a study in the genesis of flame wars on the Net. I ought to be framed, not hidden beneath a bushel. So, who's your dry cleaner?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
You know what happens to mutineers? We chain them to a cannonball and send them down to see Davy Jones.

Well, it was no worse than the black suit thread, and that's still around.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ruben
I always assumed (based a bit on the price tag) his shirts were top notch (unlike his website design, informative as it is).

That's because you're the victim of a vast internet chat board conspiracy to eliminate all talent.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
That's because you're the victim of a vast internet chat board conspiracy to eliminate all talent.

Victim ... or Participant?

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
crackup[1].gif

Very Kasper. Classic.

You're easily amused. As Christopher Guest might say, there's a fine line between classic and stupid.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Victim ... or Participant?
Can anyone ever really be sure?

All we know is that you mind-control a lot of people.

And that Alex made a pact with the devil.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads