• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

just signed model needs exercise help

nunook

Reaction score
at your age i personally recommend that you start with the basics of weight training, all compound exercises like Bech, Latt pull and depending on your skill level leg press or smith machine squats, this will give you a good foundation for technique.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Get a personal trainer, meet for a few times and tell him what you need to accomplish, and that you would like a program design. You need to learn technique over all.
Also, SoCal2NYC is into triathalons and iron men competitions, you should PM him a picture of yourself shirtless and he can give you the best tips for achieving that sexy glistening...

um tone you want.

The pro speaks the truth.

Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Thanks for the referals guys!

laugh.gif

Jon.

adversity04

Reaction score
Because there's this exact same discussion about every 3 days. The same workout for losing weight can be used to "tone" which is only losing body fat %/gaining lean mass. Eat right and exercise, read the discussions we've had on this exact same topic.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adversity04
Because there's this exact same discussion about every 3 days. The same workout for losing weight can be used to "tone" which is only losing body fat %/gaining lean mass. Eat right and exercise, read the discussions we've had on this exact same topic.

Why is this so hard for people to understand?

Jon.

TransparentCranium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Why is this so hard for people to understand? Jon.
It depends on what you're trying to do. If you're already lean (12%ish) and trying to get to something like 8% it takes a little more than eating healthy and exercising. As for toning: Losing weight at the same time of gaining muscle is hard to do, your body isn't set up for that.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by east hastings
Let me understand.. Someone can post a thread about being vegetarian and how great it is. Someone can post linking the reader to pictures of their greasy, unkempt hair asking for stylistic advice. Someone can ask about how to lose the weight they put on at age _____. yet a question regarding getting toned and in shape in the least amount of time is regarded as douchey?

My bad. I figured that everyone had been in my boat at some point, and would've been willing to share what they did initially to begin hitting the gym most effectively.

thanks for the link, I'll check it out

No one cares what the topic of the thread is as long as you take the time to use the "search" button and make sure that it hasn't already been discussed (at length) much like this subject has. Do you really think that in a section of the forum called "Body Consciousness" that the question "how do I workout efficiently" hasn't been asked before?

east hastings

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
No one cares what the topic of the thread is as long as you take the time to use the "search" button and make sure that it hasn't already been discussed (at length) much like this subject has. Do you really think that in a section of the forum called "Body Consciousness" that the question "how do I workout efficiently" hasn't been asked before?
Do you really think you need to reiterate what has already been posted maybe five posts above yours, in order to make yourself look more intelligent? Awesome, man.
Originally Posted by TransparentCranium
It depends on what you're trying to do. If you're already lean (12%ish) and trying to get to something like 8% it takes a little more than eating healthy and exercising. As for toning: Losing weight at the same time of gaining muscle is hard to do, your body isn't set up for that.
Which is what I am-- I'm on the cusp of being underweight, as has been my normal weight all of my life.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by east hastings
Do you really think you need to reiterate what has already been posted maybe five posts above yours, in order to make yourself look more intelligent? Awesome, man.

Which is what I am-- I'm on the cusp of being underweight, as has been my normal weight all of my life.

Then get ready to get serious. Assuming you're a hardgainer/ectomorph, you are really going to have to work and eat to gain muscle. I'm almost exactly the same size as you (6' and around 152lbs), and I'm surprised as hell that you're able to get into modeling!

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus
Then get ready to get serious. Assuming you're a hardgainer/ectomorph, you are really going to have to work and eat to gain muscle. I'm almost exactly the same size as you (6' and around 152lbs), and I'm surprised as hell that you're able to get into modeling!

Why are you surprised. Have you seen Jil Sandler models lately?

bkk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sabvinnie
Try menshealth.com for strength training tips and run 6 times a week:)

Don't EVER use something that comes out of a magazine. If you do follow those routines, you'll very quickly run your body into the ground and do more bad than good. Especially with the bodybuilding mags, they take routines from guys who are juicing, which gives them the ability to constantly workout with little rest.

KBW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sabvinnie
Try menshealth.com for strength training tips and run 6 times a week:)

Weighing 140 at 6' does not in any way justify needing to run 6 days. He might want to do it three just to stay in shape but lifting alone will tone him up more than enough at that low of a weight. That is very skinny even though the guy claims to have baby fat.

adversity04

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bkk
Don't EVER use something that comes out of a magazine. If you do follow those routines, you'll very quickly run your body into the ground and do more bad than good. Especially with the bodybuilding mags, they take routines from guys who are juicing, which gives them the ability to constantly workout with little rest.

Not all magazine workouts are designed for those who are juicing. Obviously, menshealth is hardcore.

bkk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adversity04
Not all magazine workouts are designed for those who are juicing. Obviously, menshealth is hardcore.

Good point. I should have not grouped all magazines with the majority.

KBW

Reaction score
Mens Health is in NO way for those that are juicing. Health and Juicing don't go in the same sentence and Men's Health would never advocate steroid use and their routines are decently easy and the only thing ever hard about them is their core training which usually is just about professional level and not for the average guy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads