• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ASpec818

Reaction score
For about half of the price, Buck Mason makes tees that are in JE's ballpark. I own about 6 from them and they've all held up really well.
which cut? i tried the slub crew tee w/ the curved hem and it fit weird. sometimes, you're paying more for the fit more so than anything else.

kitmonroe

Reaction score
Carbons looks exactly the same as my mr p black in your pic, thank god, didn't need another black pair

You think it's worth keeping? I like the fit but it honestly didn't make much of a first impression for me. I'd have to try it on again but I'd still like your thoughts. Thanks!

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Just got my carbons and nimbus in before I left for work. Took some quick pics before heading out the door so pardon the **** quality.
As of right now, I'm diggin both but I'll have to try it on again since I was in a rush this morning. The nimbus is a bit tighter in the waist compared to the carbon but I'm not too worried because I'm sure it'll eventually stretch. Quality on both is nice with the nimbus being slightly better. Those are my quick thoughts on them so far! Can't think of anything else right now but if there are any questions, I'll be happy to answer and probably be able to provide more information through that. Thanks guys and let me know what you all think!

View attachment 793789 View attachment 793790 View attachment 793791 View attachment 793793 View attachment 793792

Nimbus look toned down fade and wisker wise compared to the Siena. That's the part that I disliked the most. Might give them a shot if they restock later.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You think it's worth keeping? I like the fit but it honestly didn't make much of a first impression for me. I'd have to try it on again but I'd still like your thoughts. Thanks!
I wear my mr p washed black the most out of all my denim. I love them, and imo they are the most comfortable JE denim. Goes with everything and the carbon fade adds a little character to otherwise solid black denim.

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
25, Personal Trainer. Dont really get to wear much JE during the week unfortunately. Been a lot more picky the last few months on what i pick up as I only get to wear a couple pieces on the weekend and a lot of it doesn't get worn as much as I'd like.

kitmonroe

Reaction score
I wear my mr p washed black the most out of all my denim. I love them, and imo they are the most comfortable JE denim. Goes with everything and the carbon fade adds a little character to otherwise solid black denim.

Appreciate your thoughts! I'll most likely end up keeping them but will update if I change my mind.

kitmonroe

Reaction score
Nimbus look toned down fade and wisker wise compared to the Siena. That's the part that I disliked the most. Might give them a shot if they restock later.

Fade is a bit toned down but whisker wise I think it's about the same in the knees. I'll take pics laid flat later tonight to better display the details. You can't really see much due to the stacks.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fade is a bit toned down but whisker wise I think it's about the same in the knees. I'll take pics laid flat later tonight to better display the details. You can't really see much due to the stacks.

If that's the case then I'll prob not get them. I'm not really a big fan of that dark indigo worn in look.

dcvm1979

Reaction score
Owner/operator dump truck company late 30's,father of 3 and straight G..I wear what I want when I want.I make my own schedule,living in FL..I'm blessed not bragging just facts..ex street pharmaceutical engineer hahahaha allegedly...and JE connoisseur

djkillahcam

Reaction score
Appreciate your thoughts! I'll most likely end up keeping them but will update if I change my mind.
They're not supposed to blow you away on first glance, they're black jeans lol. The cut and quality is what's to appreciate, for the price point. And to reiterate what the others said, you'll be able to wear these anywhere with practically anything. It's a wardrobe staple. Keep it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads