• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Black thermal long sleeve just came in. Love the color and favric. It's going back though. Way too long. Anyone under 6 feet won't really fit into this.

Last edited:

hyyvii

Reaction score
Waited over a week for the cropped hoodies finally receive them today and well the fit is perfect (I stay TTS small) but it's way to thin tbh idk about other people but if I want a hoodie I want it to serve its purpose and keep me warm don't see this doing that. The online filter also makes the colors look darker they are extremely light in person I can say that Unions product pics are a better representation of how the colors look like at least the washed black and washed olive. So for those 2 reasons most likely returning. Highkey bummed out:( I been wanting I JE pullover that's not the villain

@johnelliott can we expect thicker cropped oversized hoodies or other new pullover hoodies anytime soon?

hyyvii

Reaction score

Finally received my order from Delivery 1A.

Oversized Cropped Hoodie
Significantly lighter in weight than the standard terry (Villain, Kake Mock Pullover, etc.). Would've appreciated a heads up on this, as I expected it to be similar in material quality to the Kake Mock. Ribbing at wrists and waist is different than the standard JE terry ribbing, lighter and more textured, feels cheaper. Fit is great, although I would've liked it to be a bit more cropped to layer better with Classic Crews. Washed finish is excellent, both Washed Black and Washed Clay are executed well. Overall, please with the hoodie, looking forward to wearing this regularly throughout spring and summer.

Washed Mercer Tee
These are definitely going back. Washed finish is excellent on the tees, but the fit is way off. Slightly shorter in body length and sleeve length compared to the standard Mercer Tee, which ruins the layering when paired with the Oversized Cropped Hoodie or Villain, and makes the sleeves way too short for my preference. At $105, I'd much rather put that money towards additional standard tees, or an upcoming Kake Mock colorway.

You didn't think the black was to light compared to the product shots?

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't believe JE would put out this crop "hoodie". It's literally a hooded long sleeve tee. There's no way to justify the price point when the villain hoodie is the same price. Like stated before the color is lighter than the picture shown on the website. I'm pretty bummed

Xman11815

Reaction score
Finally received my order from Delivery 1A.

Oversized Cropped Hoodie
Significantly lighter in weight than the standard terry (Villain, Kake Mock Pullover, etc.). Would've appreciated a heads up on this, as I expected it to be similar in material quality to the Kake Mock. Ribbing at wrists and waist is different than the standard JE terry ribbing, lighter and more textured, feels cheaper. Fit is great, although I would've liked it to be a bit more cropped to layer better with Classic Crews. Washed finish is excellent, both Washed Black and Washed Clay are executed well. Overall, please with the hoodie, looking forward to wearing this regularly throughout spring and summer.

Washed Mercer Tee
These are definitely going back. Washed finish is excellent on the tees, but the fit is way off. Slightly shorter in body length and sleeve length compared to the standard Mercer Tee, which ruins the layering when paired with the Oversized Cropped Hoodie or Villain, and makes the sleeves way too short for my preference. At $105, I'd much rather put that money towards additional standard tees, or an upcoming Kake Mock colorway.

Damn. Wanted to get some of the Mercer's but gonna hold off now. Thanks for the heads up

johnelliottfan

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Black thermal long sleeve just came in. Love the color and favric. It's going back though. Way too long. Anyone under 6 feet won't really fit into this.
that looks very dope! Psyched for my ss henley. Thx for the pic

Last edited:

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My black size L Villain arrived from Roden Gray in size L.

Wearable but going to size down to M. I'm 5'8 and 168lb and not happy with the fit.

Mikeisonfire

Reaction score

I found it interesting that this was the longest piece from JE as I don't really consider this a layering piece, though apparently that's what JE intentions were with it looking at the description. I'm excited for my SS black henley to come in today though, looks great in the pic and it should work for me since I'm a few inches taller than you.

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah looked at the measurements on the thermal tee and even though I'm 6'1-2 I know my short torso would not work for it

Nice to hear everyone is bummed about the OS hoody. Seems like people wanted normal weight terry

Xman11815

Reaction score
Yeah looked at the measurements on the thermal tee and even though I'm 6'1-2 I know my short torso would not work for it

Nice to hear everyone is bummed about the OS hoody. Seems like people wanted normal weight terry
Seems I'm in the minority but I really like the OS hoody fabric and weight. I do live in AZ though.

Last edited:

Jasonronn

Reaction score
Seems I'm in the minority but I really like the OS hoody fabric and weight. I do live in AZ though.
i love it too. i live in socal. its been borderline too hot to wear during the last couple of days. Finally some terry from an LA brand you can actually wear for more than 2 months of the year in LA

Sharkiex

Reaction score
so what does everyone think about the new cargos + their price tag?

btw.
if anyone has any oversized hoodies or boucle sweats in M let me know because im tryna cop for below retail.
im 6'2-3 and skinny af and got a M black oversized hoodie and i f**cking love it to death.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alphacream