• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agreed. The site images make it look like a normal crew neck. I'll probably end up keeping the one i picked up as it doesn't bother me much, but just a fair shout for people out there considering it.
Damn that sucks. Mine is supposed to be here Wednesday and I ******* hate boatnecks. That's the nicest way I can put it.

sbergl

Reaction score

For those with the boatneck maybe ugot the wrong size?

U should not size up on the pullover

i didn't size up. got a medium, which based on the measurements should fit (and it does fit well tbh). if i had sized up, the neck opening would have been way too big.

here are a couple fit pics just to show how big the neck opening is. it's not enormous, but it's definitely wider than a normal crew. (sorry the pics aren't too great, it was hard to just take pics of the neck based on the mirrors in my apartment and my phone camera). hope this helps.

aaronj15

Reaction score
my mind may have changed on the crewneck. it definitely doesn't look like that in the lookbook. thank you for posting a fit pic btw. I may just get the grey hoodie instead now.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up, atrium has some of the new stuff up. They also correctly show the crew neck.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks normal to me. Not exactly boatneck

Take a look at the atrium pic of the black and white. There is a difference.

I personally don't care about the wide neck other than it looking weird with anything underneath. IMO the neck of majority of tees will show.

MilesMW

Reaction score
I personally couldn't wear a T underneath, looked bad IMO. I got my normal size. I have semi-wide shoulders, not a body builder, but i wonder if that is "stretching" the neck out...I shouldn't care this much but I do. It is not a crew neck, no matter what the pictures may show.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads