• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jantzen

jinx

Reaction score
should i just give up on jantzen? ive submitted like 4 orders in the past year and nothing seems to happen.
maybe i should try one last time...
if i do give up on jantzen what are some alternatives?
thanks.

bch

Reaction score
Do you mean you submit the online order form, and you do not get a "confirmation"? Or are you saying you rec'd confirmation, but your order was never filled?

fkl118

Reaction score
In the few times I've ordered from them, I don't think I've ever received a confirmation, email or otherwise.
Sometimes the shirts show up, sometimes they don't.

It's like an unexpected pleasant surprise if they do arrive.

bch

Reaction score
What I mean is this:

When you submit your order via the online order form, you will immediately receive an order confirmation. On occasions, I have submitted the order, but it timed out, which I attributed to the server being busy. Is this what happened to you?

Unfortunately, Ricky is a victim of his own success and seems way overloaded. With one order submitted last summer, I sent a separate e-mail for each of the 4 shirts. He responded within days, indicating the order had been overlooked. He did get it out immediately. Another order has been in limbo for at least 6 months, and I'm assuming it will never be filled. Right now I wait for a 7-shirt order from February, and I just submitted another 7-shirt order a few days back. If they come in great. If not, I won't kill myself.

agent.5

Reaction score
I don't recall ever received any confirmations from Ricky. My last order was in December when I just emailed Ricky what I wanted, and I received the 5 shirts, shipped EMS, in less than three weeks.

Kevin_lee

Reaction score
should i just give up on jantzen? ive submitted like 4 orders in the past year and nothing seems to happen. maybe i should try one last time... if i do give up on jantzen what are some alternatives? thanks.
The alternatives may www.mytailor.com or www.meinelt-fashion.com . I ordered a Sample Shirt from Jantzen, it took over 5 month and caused me a lot of headache. My Tailor is more expensive but they deliver within 4 to 6 weeks and the workmanship is ok. Meinelt is slightly above Jantzen for some fabrics and cheaper as My Tailor, with outstanding Customer Service. I received an answer to enquires within 15 Minutes all the time. I'll wait for my shirt, which was promised to be delivered within 14 days well, will see...

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll second the recommendation of mytailor.com. Very good shirt, very good price and excellent customer service. WW Chan is also good. Though, both cost more than Jantzen.

Kevin_lee

Reaction score
Yes, Chan would be another option, but they far too expensive in my Opinion. However, they do a pretty nice work too and if you can afford the price you should give them a try.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, Chan would be another option, but they far too expensive in my Opinion.
I would say that relative to Jantzen they are expensive, but relative to what you would pay in a lot of the places in the US the price is pretty good. Most Chan shirts are around $85. Shirts of comparable quality at many custom shirt shops in the US are in the $125 - $150 range. However, I think the big trade off is that with online shirtmakers you can't feel the fabric (unless you order swatch samples).

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you submit your order via the online order form, you will immediately receive an order confirmation.  On occasions, I have submitted the order, but it timed out, which I attributed to the server being busy.  Is this what happened to you?
I never received a confirmation. I filled out the order form & sent it off. Perhaps it timed out. I did this in Feb. or Mar, I think.

maxnharry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have only ordered from Jantzen twice, but I think your level of satisfaction is dependent on your expectations. My first order took two months to be done and I didn't receive an email confirmation. I called three times to check on my progress and each time I called, Ricky answered and looked up my info. No voicemail, no "I'll call you back".

When my shirt arrived, I think it fit well for a first shirt and I have ordered again. The reason that you don't get things like a confirm email, shipping notification, a nice box or handwritten note from Ricky is because you didn't pay for them.

All in all, I think Jantzen represents a tremendous opportunity for MTM shirts at a RTW price.

Spencer Young

Reaction score
I was in Jantzen this afternoon, being fit for two shirts I'm ordering. I've read about the craziness in getting Ricky's shirts online, and let me tell you, taking one look at the store, and you'll realize why. There were tons of bags of shirts sitting to be picked up (or shipped?), and people were constantly shifting around. It was truly the experience, and I'm anxiously awaiting my pickup this week. Time to see if all the buzz here is worth it...

regularjoe

Reaction score
He gets lots of walk in business and that's his priority. Still worth the wait and if you have problems, realize you're going to have to pick up the phone and call. A few minutes here and there on your cell is well worth the overall expense IMHO.

bch

Reaction score
I was in Jantzen this afternoon, being fit for two shirts I'm ordering. I've read about the craziness in getting Ricky's shirts online, and let me tell you, taking one look at the store, and you'll realize why. There were tons of bags of shirts sitting to be picked up (or shipped?), and people were constantly shifting around. It was truly the experience, and I'm anxiously awaiting my pickup this week. Time to see if all the buzz here is worth it...
It's clearly worth it. Which is why I'm waiting on about 20 shirts right now. No big deal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads