• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could someone who owns both brands provide a comparison between the titanium models of DITA and JMM? Which one is better?
tnx

It's already been said, but they're fundamentally different approaches to making metal frames.

Dita (and the Thom Browne frame they make) make thicker, more prominent frames, with beefier components. The titanium is more substantial with filigree designs and decoration, and the acetate on the combo pairs is also thicker.

JMM takes a more delicate approach to titanium frames, opting for thinner dimensions, with a lighter profile.

I think the quality if essentially moot. No one here that's buying $1,000 titanium frames is putting them thru their paces to where the quality difference (if there really is one between Dita & JMM titanium) will matter.

Sandman3769

Reaction score
These just arrived. Ripley in Kinney.

IMG_9723.jpeg

IMG_9729.jpeg

LuisedPicked

Reaction score
Hot DOG! That is one heck of a collection! How often do you wear them? Do you change eyewear during the day? IAALJ

Tnx
There are sunglasses that I wear more often than others. Yes, I also happen to change glasses several times a day depending on the outfit, context, or whether it's morning or afternoon

obecity

Reaction score
From JMM's Instagram. Evans Stallion.

View attachment 2169585

A new batch of Evans coming up?
Love the Evans. I have it hickory. Just wish it were a bit larger. I put in some zeiss blue photochromics with a ruby flash mirror. Let me tell you something. It’s one heck of a look that takes me back to the greatest decade of all: 1980s.

garigo

Reaction score
On the topic of cheaper alternatives to JMM, Casatlantic frames seem pretty cool! Made in Japan as well.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the Evans. I have it hickory. Just wish it were a bit larger. I put in some zeiss blue photochromics with a ruby flash mirror. Let me tell you something. It’s one heck of a look that takes me back to the greatest decade of all: 1980s.

Great model for sure, I missed the first drop. Maybe they will also come as sunglasses this time?

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's already been said, but they're fundamentally different approaches to making metal frames.

Dita (and the Thom Browne frame they make) make thicker, more prominent frames, with beefier components. The titanium is more substantial with filigree designs and decoration, and the acetate on the combo pairs is also thicker.

JMM takes a more delicate approach to titanium frames, opting for thinner dimensions, with a lighter profile.

I think the quality if essentially moot. No one here that's buying $1,000 titanium frames is putting them thru their paces to where the quality difference (if there really is one between Dita & JMM titanium) will matter.
I've owned and loved my Dita Midnight Special sunglasses for years now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads