• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Dita titanium have always been a sturdy frame with the weight to match (not to say they’re heavy). Jagger and 1962s are thin and wirey, but super light. The Earls are more along the lines of a DITA frame but still maintaining a certain sleekness the DITA doesn’t quite have.

obecity

Reaction score
Sounds like the Earls have created quite a buzz in JMM (Jacques Marie Mage) community. I’m breaking my boycott to purchase a pair without even seeing them in person. That’s how much they spun me up.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found an old picture of yours. wearing the Edie, it was a nice fit, pretty bold and extravagant.
Thanks DG. I think it had dark sunglasses lenses so it wouldn't have been that out there for me.

Since I wear opticals, I ended up passing on that one. Edie with clear lenses may have looked odd.

Though you have me second guessing, and I've been hankering for a new pair lately.

Hannibal4242

Reaction score
Thanks DG. I think it had dark sunglasses lenses so it wouldn't have been that out there for me.

Since I wear opticals, I ended up passing on that one. Edie with clear lenses may have looked odd.

Though you have me second guessing, and I've been hankering for a new pair lately.
Well I just got my edies and apparently no one like them so if you're interested let me know🤣

Hannibal4242

Reaction score
I’m going to be harshly honest here like a savage mofo. Apologies to those here who may be offended.

Do not keep those frames. If you do, I’ll track you down and smoke your entire collection of Opus X as punishment with glee. I’m not cappin brah.
Damn that bad huh!?

obecity

Reaction score
Damn that bad huh!?
Sorry dude. I thought you were trying them on for feedback. I didn’t realize that you had already made the purchase for your collection. If they’re something you like and feel confident wearing, then I say go on with your bad self and frick the naysayers like me. I can appreciate the feller who has the boldness to rock the heck out of them. (I promise not to take your Opus collection either way.)

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@DorianGreen Awaiting your Fellini v Picabia fit comparison. I'm ready to pull the trigger on Picabia but need your intel first ;)

Here you are.

From the top Fellini, Picabia and Dealan.
20240416_100746.jpg

20240416_112048.jpg

Fellini and Picabia.
20240416_100900.jpg

Dealan and Picabia.
20240416_100942.jpg

Picabia.
20240416_101057.jpg

Fellini.
20240416_101123.jpg

Dealan.
20240416_101230.jpg

I would say that the Picabia resembles more the Dealan shape wise, but fits more like the Fellini, because of the more open nose. Picabia and Fellini sit lower on the nose.

Size wise they are all pretty similar. The Picabia has slightly higher lenses and very straight temples, but they can be adjusted of course.

Last edited:

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
Here you are.

View attachment 2168335
View attachment 2168381
Fellini and Picabia.
View attachment 2168337

Dealan and Picabia.
View attachment 2168339

Picabia.
View attachment 2168341

Fellini.
View attachment 2168343

Dealan.
View attachment 2168345

I would say that the Picabia resembles more the Dealan shape wise, but fits more like the Fellini, because of the more open nose. Picabia and Fellini sit lower on the nose.

Size wise they are all pretty similar. The Picabia has slightly higher lenses and very straight temples, but they can be adjusted of course.

Great thanks for that. I guess my concern is that right now the Fellini fits me perfect on the nose and doesn't slip down, yet the Picabia looks as though it might slip down with the slightly wider nose bridge gap. Do you notice this between those two frames?

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great thanks for that. I guess my concern is that right now the Fellini fits me perfect on the nose and doesn't slip down, yet the Picabia looks as though it might slip down with the slightly wider nose bridge gap. Do you notice this between those two frames?

The Picabia sits slightly lower on my nose, but does not slip down. The Dealan sits higher. I'd say that the Fellini is the best fit of the three.

fmvazquez

Reaction score
Here you are.

View attachment 2168335
View attachment 2168381

Fellini and Picabia.
View attachment 2168337

Dealan and Picabia.
View attachment 2168339

Picabia.
View attachment 2168341

Fellini.
View attachment 2168343

Dealan.
View attachment 2168345

Nice stuff!

obecity

Reaction score
Dang. They look legit to me. Card matches the frame. Wire core looks right. Beveling looks right. Color seems right. Packaging seems on point (as the young whipper snappers say)

Please don’t take my word for it. I’m not an expert, and I hear the fakes are unreal now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads