• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also great looking is the all gold Gold colourway, tough choice.

Screenshot (1462).png

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Remembering someone was chasing a Domoto here. For sale at Facebook Iconic Underground Frames (ex JMM Underground).

Domoto Shironeri with custom lenses by Anthony Aiden.

Screenshot (1463).png

obecity

Reaction score
I’m really torn between Earl Silver and Earl Gold. Has anyone seen them in person? The silver is an obvious two tone of silver and gold. I like that two tone idea. Is the gold a more subtle two tone of two different golds? I can’t be certain based off the pics, and I’m in the Midwest USA where there is nearly zero stock of any JMM

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m really torn between Earl Silver and Earl Gold. Has anyone seen them in person? The silver is an obvious two tone of silver and gold. I like that two tone idea. Is the gold a more subtle two tone of two different golds? I can’t be certain based off the pics, and I’m in the Midwest USA where there is nearly zero stock of any JMM

I really like all four colouways. If you are after a sleazy look, which JMM is known for, you can't go wrong with Gold. You could also let the Rose Gradient lenses of the Empire colourway put in for a unique look.

RonF

Reaction score
The Belvedere Breccia is really nice, balanced and classic, by far my favourite from the new drop, if it had the usual features of the regular range, I would seriously consider it.

View attachment 2157147
I just ordered these, should be here tomorrow. I also have Shibusawa in Agar. I’ll report in once they arrive.

amby16

Reaction score
I have a pair of gold LS frames with a rose gradient lens that looks killer. Granted, it’s a different designer, but I like the combo of gold titanium with a light rose fashion tint. (Get the fashion tint on top of the upcoming Gen S transitions in ruby if you need them to be darker outside in the sun. Put a flash mirror on them too if you really want to friggin rock.) Therefore, the Earl in gold with rose gradient fashion tint is a no brainer. JMTCWIYDMTI.
I wasn’t aware that you could add transitions (and mirror) on top of the fashion tints. My optometrist said they couldn’t do it. So I just went with a ‘peach’ fashion tint on top of my prescriptions for my silver Marbot.

Deangelo1555

Reaction score
The Belvedere Breccia is really nice, balanced and classic, by far my favourite from the new drop, if it had the usual features of the regular range, I would seriously consider it.

View attachment 2157147
I genuinely think the JMM releases over the last year have been really poor. I don't see Jeromes DNA in any of the new designs and I actually question whether he's even designed some of them and started handing over to junior designers. The shapes are really under-developed and anything decent just looks like an old frame that came before. The Truckee and Mojave are very average.

obecity

Reaction score
I wasn’t aware that you could add transitions (and mirror) on top of the fashion tints. My optometrist said they couldn’t do it. So I just went with a ‘peach’ fashion tint on top of my prescriptions for my silver Marbot.
The people we buy our glasses and frames from are some of the poorest-informed purveyors of goods that I have ever encountered. On this there can be no debate. In my area, they are universally clueless about what is possible and unable to imagine possibilities for lens options. I was the same until about two years ago when I did a MASSIVE amount of independent research about lens types, coatings, mirrors, AR, photochromics, polarization, etc… When I tell my optician what lens combo I want, he/she nearly always say it’s not possible. That is when I politely tell him/her to educate him/herself and to do what i bid.

Last edited:

RonF

Reaction score
Arguably putting tint or (non Transition tm) mirror coating over Transitions lenses can reduce the efficiency of the transition, and therefore many labs won't do it. They get a higher recurrence of customer re-make orders when they do it. So don't expect the big box retail outlets to do it. Lenscrafters, as one example, won't touch it. But most privately owned boutique opticians will have no problem doing it. And in practice, they work brilliantly, adding extra function, and look fantastic.

obecity

Reaction score
Arguably putting tint or (non Transition tm) mirror coating over Transitions lenses can reduce the efficiency of the transition, and therefore many labs won't do it. They get a higher recurrence of customer re-make orders when they do it. So don't expect the big box retail outlets to do it. Lenscrafters, as one example, won't touch it. But most privately owned boutique opticians will have no problem doing it. And in practice, they work brilliantly, adding extra function, and look fantastic.
I’ve heard of this concern, but it doesn’t pan out IRL. TBH, I have several lenses with flash mirror and fashion tint over photochromics lenses. In my usage, they turn to their full darkness regardless. JMTCWIYDMTI.

amby16

Reaction score
Interesting point about the box vs. independent retailers. I am doing this through an independent shop who are also a JMM AD. But I also have a high prescription and sometimes I do not have all the options available to me.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I genuinely think the JMM releases over the last year have been really poor. I don't see Jeromes DNA in any of the new designs and I actually question whether he's even designed some of them and started handing over to junior designers. The shapes are really under-developed and anything decent just looks like an old frame that came before. The Truckee and Mojave are very average.

I think that we tend to praise the older frames and critique the newer ones. Of course, Dealan, Molino, Fellini, Ascari, Taos, Yves, Devaux, Pasolini, Enzo, Sandro are highly distinctive and have become iconic classics, but also among the recent releases are nice frames with classic potential too. Among my favourite are Nakahira, Plaza, Challenger, Apollo, Aldo, Vendome, Quentin and, most recently, Leclair, Union, Richard and Earl.

Last edited:

mickspilloto

Reaction score
Someone using the taos with clear\transition rx lens?
was looking at eiter taos, jeff or Ashcroft with transitions 8, but unsure if the taos would be too big\silly as clear.

Do have the tvr 529 with grey polarized, including frame their max height is 45mm. Is the taos much bigger?

obecity

Reaction score
Someone using the taos with clear\transition rx lens?
was looking at eiter taos, jeff or Ashcroft with transitions 8, but unsure if the taos would be too big\silly as clear.

Do have the tvr 529 with grey polarized, including frame their max height is 45mm. Is the taos much bigger?
Brah! Forget about trans 8. Check out the Gen S. They should be available next month. Better lens tech. Give them a peep.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads