• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012

Matto ELITE

Reaction score
I bought a ton of stuff their last fall/winter during 30% off

As mentioned, give it til Black Friday and they'll fall

Coopa

Reaction score
Anyone know when we can expect a significant coupon code? I know they rarely do big ones, but I could have sworn they did a 20% or 30% off last winter.
They definitely did a 30% sitewide before xmas last year- I remember because i got my Alden indy boots at 30% discount due to a mistake on the site:)

Last edited:

ASkin ANight

Reaction score
They definitely did a 30% sitewide before xmas last year- I remember because i got my Alden indy boots at 30% discount due to a mistake on the site:)

I bought a ton of stuff their last fall/winter during 30% off

As mentioned, give it til Black Friday and they'll fall

They always do one in post-Thanksgiving (like every other retailer). I remember marking it down somewhere and people being pissed off because they had a 20% off sale, it ended, and they immediatley launched a 30% off sale the next day. I'm waiting to pull the trigger on all those fall items until then.
Thanks guys. The only question now is whether to jump on a 20% off one when it shows up, or to wait and hope for a 30% off. Hmm.

ASkin ANight

Reaction score
Also, can anyone comment on the Classic Leather Plaque Belt? GQ has been pushing them like crazy, but 1" wide seems kind of narrow, and I've heard varying comments on their quality. I could really use a simple, versatile belt, though.

hastur

Reaction score

its amazing that this thread is only 3 pages. A few years back the J Crew seasonal threads were dozens and dozens of pages.

Nothing really new this season, everything's pretty boring imo. Last season and was a lot better, tons of new collabs, not so much this year though. Not sure what's going on over there.

Stewbone

Reaction score

Also, can anyone comment on the Classic Leather Plaque Belt? GQ has been pushing them like crazy, but 1" wide seems kind of narrow, and I've heard varying comments on their quality.  I could really use a simple, versatile belt, though.

I own it. The size/versatility is spot on and I wear it daily in a business casual dress setting. The issue, is that its more for show than practicality. The buckle holds the belt in place with a lever that pushes on the belt (It tends to slip if the belt is too tight). Therefore as long as you don't need a tight belt - your be fine. Additionally it makes a lot of jingles when its unbuckled - which isn't that big of a deal.

Last edited:

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, can anyone comment on the Classic Leather Plaque Belt? GQ has been pushing them like crazy, but 1" wide seems kind of narrow, and I've heard varying comments on their quality.  I could really use a simple, versatile belt, though.

1" is not my thing, I personally prefer 1.25-1.5", but I don't think I have ever look at someone and said: "You know, his belt is too narrow."

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jasonleb1

Reaction score
I bought one of the Ludlow suits and the Wallace and Barnes denim Workshirt (I love the color). Got em at a discount so I ain't complaining, plus I had some rewards points. Will update on OTR fit, etc when it gets here.

Last edited:

drjsl22

Reaction score
Does anyone know what this "250-year-old mill in England that counts the Royal Family and Regiment among its loyal followers" that J.Crew talks about in every one of their tie descriptions? I am having no luck finding anything about this mill online.

Newstyle

Reaction score

Lots of new arrivals on the site today. Nothing really stands out to me. Anyone see the spring 2013 preview?
http://www.selectism.com/2012/09/11/j-crew-collection-for-spring-summer-2013-all-looks/

I think last F/W winter selection was much better! The navy fair isle last year was really nice and had some great colors, this year's fair isles are kinda boring. The Wallace and Barnes flannels last year were much better as well. The colors are too bright for F/W this year.

terns

Reaction score
Does anyone know what this "250-year-old mill in England that counts the Royal Family and Regiment among its loyal followers" that J.Crew talks about in every one of their tie descriptions? I am having no luck finding anything about this mill online.
is it moon or fox brothers?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads