• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012

Jimi Kul

Reaction score
@hyogen

That chester brown chino looks great. I definitely nab that and the deep harbor if I had the money right now. Looks like I won't be getting the alpha or the 484 after all...

On a side note, I say if you want to wear a tie/bow tie, then the chambray shirt would be a better bet. I still really like the denim work shirt tho. Which ever you get, you should post pics

Last edited:

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is the 484 the same?

In my experience the 484 rides up and aren't that comfortable for me. I prefer the Urban Slim Fit Broken In Chino bc my legs arent skinny.

if I can get one denim or chambray shirt--which should it be? this $138 selvedge denim shirt?

or the dark chambray or the light colored chambray?
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_special_sizes/slim/PRDOVR~43683/43683.jsp?srcCode=PINT00001
which would go best with a tie (and sometimes bowtie?)
looking forward to the black friday sale - planning on ordering a shirt that hasn't debuted yet according to the online chat but was at the store I went to today). also theres a nicer cardigan that I saw today that has pockets i believe in the chest as well. And the 484 sun-faded pants in the university purple color <3

def go for the selvedge chambray (the darker one)! it feels heavier so it'd be better for the winter...plus its selvedge!

Last edited:

hyogen

Reaction score

@hyogen

That chester brown chino looks great. I definitely nab that and the deep harbor if I had the money right now. Looks like I won't be getting the alpha or the 484 after all...

On a side note, I say if you want to wear a tie/bow tie, then the chambray shirt would be a better bet. I still really like the denim work shirt tho. Which ever you get, you should post pics

will do. the darker chambray is sold out now, though, I believe. Maybe some store has it in stock still..

In my experience the 484 rides up and aren't that comfortable for me. I prefer the Urban Slim Fit Broken In Chino bc my legs arent skinny.
def go for the selvedge chambray (the darker one)! it feels heavier so it'd be better for the winter...plus its selvedge!

I tried on the 484 for the first time and I agree they ride up a little. My legs are pretty skinny but the thighs and calf area are pretty snug. I do like the slim urban fits as well, so maybe I'll stick to that..

Also, I am used to getting 32x30 pants, but I may get 32x32 to be able to fold twice in the cuff..

atoms

Reaction score
I'm less of a "streetwear" wearer and more of a "mens clothing" wearer. But I do own a pair of 484 denim. I'm slim and they fit well for me. But must admit that I wish they didn't sit so low at the waist. I'd love to be able to tuck in a shirt with these. Just not going to happen.

pnewelljr

Reaction score
I can't believe i just scored this shirt new with tags in my size (M) on ebay for $27 plus shipping.. I was really disappointed when I discovered the shirt when my size was already sold out. I was cooing at it to my wife when I noticed it for the first time online.
Is it hideous, or something? No one else bid on it...! Seeing as how I would have paid the $70 retail price if my size were available--I know I would have at least bid $80 to win it at "all costs".

I also got this one from the same seller for $27 and he's gonna combine shipping.

I own and like both of these

hyogen

Reaction score
wait--Is this the darker selvedge chambray shirt?

coastal blue..

for some reason I thought it was darker. upon googling, I found this one: also selvedge chambray japanese cotton. maybe from a different season?

http://www.lyst.com/clothing/jcrew-stone-blue-selvedge-chambray-utility-shirt/

Last edited:

pnewelljr

Reaction score
Does anyone know how cheap J.Crew cashmere gets on sale if I wait? For example, what would be considered a good price to get the $300 cable sweater for? How about at the wharehouse sales? Do they ever have cashmere?

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

vents

Reaction score
Are you serious? I am going to place an order based on this information. I hope you are right.

I'll add on to that..J.crew's pant usually fit 2-3 size bigger. I have a 32 waist and apc ps 30 fits me perfectly, but for JC, I have to get pants in size 29.

Their pants are all vanity sized.

superbuick3

Reaction score
Are you serious? I am going to place an order based on this information. I hope you are right.
that's odd, in my experience urban slim chinos have always fit spot on TTS. even bought a pair from this season in my true waist size and dont have to wear a belt, they fit perfect. i wear a 28 apc, and a 31 in j crew pants

Last edited:

zxu426

Reaction score
Yes, I agree that the urban slims fit TTS. I like to wear them higher than my jeans/cords (top of the pant sitting about 1/2" below my navel), so that might explain why. Need a belt to hold the pants in place, though, but that's because I've recently lost weight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads