• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

erbs

Reaction score
Why would anyone spend 1k on a Belstaff when you can get a Barbour International for $375? That glen plaid Mackintosh looks great though.

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Wow, Wallabees. Is it just me or do they look like shoes old ladies wear in retirement homes? Someone please educate me how these work.

Picked up the NOV men's catalog at the women's store today, didn't see any must buys. They had the new "Boyfriend fatigue jacket" for ladies - a lighter, tighter cut version of the men's jacket. I would buy the friggin' thing if I were short and skinny.

Did anyone else notice flannel-lined chinos and jeans are back? I kinda dig the olive desert chino. The flannel in the jeans was much better last year IMO.

TopHatCat

Reaction score
The SHOPFALL code and the new arrivals overlapped last night so I picked up:

Lambs Wool Varsity Cardigan in navy
Lambs Wool V-Neck in heather flannel and navy

I picked up the burgundy lambs wool crewneck last year, and like many of you, I'm really pleased with it. Probably the best value out of all of J. Crew's sweater materials. Nice heft to the fabric. Good fit (I'm 5'6" 140 athletic build) on the Small size. The sweater hasn't lost any shape at all from what I can see. The marled/heather color is also nice, lots of flecks of similar colors for some visual interest.

The Varsity Cardigan was one of the new arrivals. Contrast plackets are always cool and it should be easy to match this since its navy and grey. This looks thicker then most of J. Crew's cardigans and I liked the raised detailing along the placket.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the Faded Black Fatigue jacket but i already bought the utility jacket in black....oh well

pokpok

Reaction score
i need that celtic plaid shirt...actually want like 4 of the secret wash shirts...

flannel lined chinos look good, bought pair last season on sale for 30bux.

the flannel lining on the denim sux.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
Wow there is a good 4-5 things I want out of new arrivals...
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...9951/19951.jsp
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...0511/20511.jsp
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...0587/20587.jsp
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...0398/20398.jsp
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...0396/20396.jsp

all awesome

The Turtleneck is indeed fantastic looking, need to see it in person. I posted about the Alpaca cardigan earlier in this thread as I saw it in store some weeks ago. I really liked it but the fit isn't there. The smallest size appears to be small (which is my size), but I would have needed an XS to make it work. My biggest issue - the armholes are waaaay too low. It's a shame b/c I would have purchased it at retail if if weren't for that.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thenanyu
Give us navy and gray, not just two kinds of khaki!
Navy or Grey would be great work pants. Ah I really like that purple tartan shirt, but I swear off Jcrew shirts a while back. It has been a while since I browse around my Jcrew.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
The Turtleneck is indeed fantastic looking, need to see it in person. I posted about the Alpaca cardigan earlier in this thread as I saw it in store some weeks ago. I really liked it but the fit isn't there. The smallest size appears to be small (which is my size), but I would have needed an XS to make it work. My biggest issue - the armholes are waaaay too low. It's a shame b/c I would have purchased it at retail if if weren't for that.
often the problem with lots of jcrew pieces unfortunately...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads