• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fluery
What do you guys think of the Mariner's Sweater? I like it, but I don't really want to drop nearly $200...
images_onFigure_19_19861_19861_BK0001_m_tif_a0e30ba152c018c2.jpg
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...9861/19861.jsp

If'n I sawed that mutha in the store, I would be humpin my skinny ass to the coin counter in record time.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
When I was in the thrift shop today, not only did I score a lovely hunters jacket that is much like the current j. crew offering but also I saw and tried on a lot of RL j. crew looking stuff, namely 70s-80s tartan l/s shirts and some sweaters. Is this j. crew's secret? is the crew just recycling vintage RL?
Anyone?

elgordoboy

Reaction score
"Anyone?" lol. ^^ Appears to be a sad and lonely man. At the same time I understand what that says about me that I am here to make this comment.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ha ha, yah, simply in dire need of external validation of my mundane observations. Nothing new.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it's awesome. I don't think $200 is a bad price, considering other brands probably would market this much steeper. But yeah, it might go on sale late December, early January. On the other hand... Depends how much you like it. I sometimes figure you got a take a chance with full retail if you're enough in love with a thing.
I also think it's a nice sweater. Price isn't bad, IMO.

synovoid

Reaction score
went to the store, and tried on the chambray shirt. I would say it's a lot better than the GAP chambray. just not eager to pick it at full retail price, waiting for thanksgiving 20% or 30% off.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If'n I sawed that mutha in the store, I would be humpin my skinny ass to the coin counter in record time.

That's the same price as the Millerain jacket. I'm seriously considering reallocating the funds to purchase this. Why can't I be rich instead of handsome?

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the Paramus NJ store today, I spotted the Fatigue jacket in a faded back color. Looked great in that shade. Almost went for it, but instead went for the Regular Fit Vintage Cargo Pants. I mean, when will I ever again get he chance to buy a pair of pants in the color LIGHT UMBER?

These have grown on me since August so I finally went for it.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vernon-Dozier
Got the Military Mockneck Wool Cardigan and it's time for a review.
I think they only sell it online.

Thanks for the write up. I dig this piece too. FYI, it's available in at least some stores--my local one carries it.

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
Thanks for the write up. I dig this piece too. FYI, it's available in at least some stores--my local one carries it.

Right on brotha. It's a great piece. Now I also want the black one but jeeze.....I guess if it goes on sale? Can't drop another $168 right now.

Hey Robert, regarding the RL's aren't you stuck with the lame horsie logo or whatever? I'll pay the extra at J Crew to keep away from that.

Also, while watching the Angels vs Red Sox game yesterday there was a Verizon Wireless commercial. The main actor was sporting J Crew's green fatigue jacket. I had to freeze frame it in my Tivo to confirm all the details and there was no question about it. I also have a sad life
laugh.gif

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
No, no visible logo on the hunters sport coat. Would have passed on that, too. I don't normally "thrift" but there's one store here that is "upscale"--very picky about what it takes in. I saw some really decent sweaters that I almost picked up too, most in the 20 dollar range from LaCoste, LL Bean, as well as some Fred Perry polos. Also saw some sweaters from the 1960s by Towncraft (JC Penny) that looked very decent and fit slim. Was surprised by that.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the differences between all the ******* chinos at J Crew and which one they prefer?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads