• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPhone compatible headphones (<$60, need phone mic)

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Guys,

Lost my headphones for iPhone. I need something like the original that have the mic attached to the wire for phone convos.

If they were true in-ear that would be a plus as the ones that came with the phone are obviously a bit crappy and do not drown out external noise as well as true in-ear.

If it has a volume control on the mic and song skip functionality, that would be a huge bonus, but not required. Would prefer to shop from 3rd party to avoid Apple brand markup. Thanks.

Oh, and decent audio quality is required. I bought a quick replacement on the street for $9 and there was literally 0 treble or bass. Terrible.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bought them for my little brother who isn't exactly easy on things being 15 years old. they've held up pretty good.

the sound quality is decent. not the greatest in the world, but you aren't spending $$$ on them. the mic seems fine. i've used it a few times for calls on my iphone with no problems. for $60, i tihnk you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal.

Incman

Reaction score
This concept is so amazing. I just bought my iPhone about a month ago, and the mic/headphones changed my life. Not having to take my headphones out of my ear or take my phone out of my pocket to answer calls is so awesome. I'll be looking at the responses in this thread, as the sound quality in the typical Apple headphones is just terrible.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Klipsch s4i is above the OP's price range ($99) but I like mine a lot. They have reasonably good sound quality and are one of the few non-Apple headsets with the three-button inline remote that allows you to control volume, jump tracks back and forth, and initiate voice commands.

Zachgranstrom

Reaction score
Originally Posted by retronotmetro
The Klipsch s4i is above the OP's price range ($99) but I like mine a lot. They have reasonably good sound quality and are one of the few non-Apple headsets with the three-button inline remote that allows you to control volume, jump tracks back and forth, and initiate voice commands.
+1 Great set of headphones http://www.earphonesolutions.com/s4i...eadphones.html reviews: http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/k...-33801629.html http://gizmodo.com/5338482/klipsch-image-s4i-review Edit: I forgot to say that I got these headphones from Newegg.com (great online company) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...sch-_-26779009

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i've heard good things about those klipsch too. i think i'm going to save my pennies for some ultimate ears superfi 10vis.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nuforce NE-7Ms. More bass than my old Ety 6is, and definitely not the detailed highs of the 4ps, but definitely good for the price.

Crooow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by retronotmetro

These are what I use, too. I've had them for several months now, and they continue to sound better and better with use.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The reviews for the s4i worried me a bit as they mentioned that the wire was flimsy and I am pretty brutal with my headphones. Also the fact that there was such a high incidence of people who could not get the earbuds to seal well without rotating them 180 degrees was off-putting. But if neither of those two things affect you, they sound like the best headphone in the category, hands down.

I ended up giving up on finding something with volume control and a mic and settled for these, which got great reviews and sound really nice.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice. let us know how they sounds after a few days worth of playing. the finish on them make them look like $400+ headphones.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that difficulty in getting a seal is a common complaint for any in-ear earphone that uses those silicone tips. Part of the problem for me was just getting familiar with the particular angle needed for the phones. I didn't need to rotate 180 degrees, I just needed to figure out which tips fit the best, and get the right angle to apply the phones.

If you can't adjust to the silicone tips for Klipsch, etymotics, etc. (or to put it the other way, they don't adjust to you), you can get Comply foam tips for just about everything on the market. I'm thinking about getting some for my s4is because I find foam to be more comfortable for long use.

The wire on the s4i seems to be stronger than it looks. I tend to thrash the wires on my phones, but these have done OK so far, knock on wood.

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's the best bet: Jlabs J3M

Less than $60 and great sound quality. I plug mine into a old stereo and let them run for a day or so to get them broken in and get good bass out of them. Should be done with all makes and models.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads