• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HerrPushkin

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm AJ from Minneapolis. Early 20s and soon to be graduating. I quite like clothing and what it says about a person. Blame Interpol. I'm into college trad/ivy/classic menswear, though with modern cuts.

I mostly stick to Brooks Brothers, AE, J Press. My girlfriend and I tend to unintentionally match.

Cheers!

Dr Haji

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a guy from Eastern Europe. In desperate need of a few advices about formal wear.

Programmer and web designer by profession. 32 years old.

stevebruce

Reaction score
Hi there, Im Steve. Live in Zurich now but been here there and everywhere else. M&A Lawyer so am one of the few ppl that still has to wear suits everyday (and a tie it seems in Zurich). Favourite fabric mills are Dormeuil, shoes are churches (when they are only on sale!).

Always looking to learn more.

Rockridge

Reaction score
Hey there,

Finally made it to styleforum. I'm Randy from Oakland CA I've been reading SF for a while and finally decided its now time to contribute the sartorial dialogue. I'm a huge fan of Thom Browne, Moncler and Paul Smith. For me it's all about the details and fit. Recently started making my own shirts under the label Rockridge. Looking forward to the conversation and expanding my sartorial interest.

Nenad

Reaction score
Hello to everyone! My name is Nenad, and I am a music teacher and a musician. I live in Banja Luka in Bosnia and Herzegovina, R. S. and in last couple of months I have become classical meanswear enthusiast from the guy who wore baggy trousers and t-shirts with sneakers all the time.
I am building my staple wardrobe slowly and learning all the rules si I could break some of them eventually:)

Andrinople

Reaction score
Good morning to everyone,
I am Andrinople from Paris, Reader of the forum for a while, I decided to join. I am interested in classical menswear, in particular Italian makers and tailors, and vintage workwear. I am not an expert though. Also, food is another sin...
smile.gif

Have a great Sunday !
Andrinople

chrisphr

Reaction score
I'm Chris, joined the forum last night. 44 yo and just in the last two years started to care about clothes. Lost almost 40lbs since last May which gives me a great excuse blow a bunch of cash on a new wardrobe. Just discovered how (relatively) affordable MTM clothing can be so if I can get all my measurments figured out, I can see MTM making up most of my closet.

Mid level executive at a fortune 50 company with a dress policy "dress for your day" which means you can wear anything from jeans to suit depending on what you have going on that day. Leaves a lot of flexibility, but suits or blazers are rare.

Anyways looking forward to learning and maybe participating in the forum!

ahmadhegazi

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Ahmad and I'm new to this forum -to classical menswear in general-.

I'm trying to learn as much as I can online while searching for the local market -and whichever international or online market I find fesible- for better quality and more value for my money, also I'm interested in taking care of the items I purchase, instead of just endlessly consuming what I have, and this forum seemed like a good place to start.

I'm a physician, I live in Cairo, Egypt, and I'm looking forward to learning some useful new things.

Cheers.

Holang-i

Reaction score
Hi I'm Holang-i I'm new I work two jobs single and very simple I guess fashion wise I mostly wear button down shirts everything from Zegna,Cezani Robert graham to my favorite brand tailorbyrd on top of strait fitting jeans boot cut on the bottom and hemmed properly as I am short.have a huge collection of vintage and niche fragrances my favorite is still by gendarme called grabazzi.

tairby

Reaction score
I'm Travis. I live in Texas (DFW) and have an almost 1 year old girl

I have to wear suits most of the work week--occasionally can slip in polos and jeans

My wife says I buy way too expensive stuff, I say I invest in quality items that last a long time

Also, according to her I have way too many jackets...I counted and currently have 4 less than her, so there

When not in a suit, I am mainly found in BR, J/Crew, or Bonobos--otherwise it's workout gear

Always in search of the perfect fitting suit and long sleeve shirts that aren't too long in the sleeves

I quote "Archer" way too much

Last edited:

Rolex Luthor

Reaction score

I quote "Archer" way too much

Literally?

I'm Bill, I've been wandering in and out of SF for several years. I'm nearly 50, wear suits to work every day, and my pet peeve is when I see an attractive, well-dressed woman paired with a sloppy overgrown manchild in shorts, flip flops and/or a graphic T-shirt. Even though I'm married, that woman should be rightfully mine.

I have two grown sons, neither of whom are particularly elegant, although they are fine young men. I enjoy the occasional whiskey, rum, gin, vodka or tequila drink. I own a sailboat and am an overeducated thug. Generally, I'm pretty pleased with the way I turned out.

tairby

Reaction score

Literally?

I'm Bill, I've been wandering in and out of SF for several years. I'm nearly 50, wear suits to work every day, and my pet peeve is when I see an attractive, well-dressed woman paired with a sloppy overgrown manchild in shorts, flip flops and/or a graphic T-shirt. Even though I'm married, that woman should be rightfully mine.

I have two grown sons, neither of whom are particularly elegant, although they are fine young men. I enjoy the occasional whiskey, rum, gin, vodka or tequila drink. I own a sailboat and am an overeducated thug. Generally, I'm pretty pleased with the way I turned out.

Do you not?

tairby

Reaction score
for I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. bloody mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. pray for me now, at the hour of death, which I hope is soon. amen

blueline7

Reaction score
Hello, very glad to have joined you at Styleforum.

After a long hiatus from paying any attention to clothes (which remarkably, has corresponded to the number of years I have been married) I have returned to the fold, so to speak. I have just completed the initial stages of what amounted to a Sartorial Marshall Plan. It involved disposing of 10+ years of Costco apparel, in favour of Drakes, Hackett, Crockett & Jones, and bespoke tailoring, for the most part. I feel great, thank you.

I am a quick study, and now can provide some rudimentary commentary on subject matter ranging from Delhi tailors to Northampton lasts.I look forward to participating in this community with you fine gentlemen.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keith2197