• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What purpose did that serve? I get that you don't like Indochino, but there are many people who, with a little bit of work, are getting suits that look very good at a very reasonable price. And I'll tell you something else. As technology improves, suiting providers like Indochino will only get better. In fact, I think it's likely that they will eventually become nearly indistinguishable from high-end bespoke offerings. 

One day you'll be able to go to a shop in the mall. Slide in a credit card, step into a booth/rapescan machine. From this, a computer will build a detailed body composition model with precision measurements. You'll have to walk, squat, move, etc so it can calculate the "uniqueness" of your build and then the suit cutting robot in the back will cut/sew perfect fitting garments in just a few minutes. This will be a glorious day.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One day you'll be able to go to a shop in the mall. Slide in a credit card, step into a booth/rapescan machine. From this, a computer will build a detailed body composition model with precision measurements. You'll have to walk, squat, move, etc so it can calculate the "uniqueness" of your build and then the suit cutting robot in the back will cut/sew perfect fitting garments in just a few minutes. This will be a glorious day.

...will never happen, but that was a nice episode of The Jetsons.

Esc8p

Reaction score

Here's a couple of photos from my wedding. I'm the one in the middle. As you can see, there is definitely room for improvement for the suits, especially mine. A word on my slight "high waters;" I used braces with my pants and the I would occasionally have to loosen them and readjust my pant height.

This isn't the best way to showcase a suit's fitting and I'm certainly not the best subject for it either.

* Initially I had to have the jacket taken in at the waist along with the waistcoat and the sleeves and pant legs slimmed down, though I think my tailor may have thinned the sleeves a little too much.

* As you can see, the thighs were too tight. To be fair, my body weight varies and the thighs were not as tight when I first received the suit. Two days before the wedding I had to have the waist taken in about 1.5". So I lost some size around my waist and gained around my thighs.

All my guests raved about my suit along with my groomsmen (5 in total) also wearing Indochino suits.

If I would have had the time, I would have asked for a remake to open up the thighs a little for the most part and lengthen the crotch. Too low rise for my liking.

Input?

nc2cali

Reaction score
...will never happen, but that was a nice episode of The Jetsons.

Could actually possible happen...the US military actually uses this technology to determine your initial size of your uniforms and that was years ago I went through it. I'm sure the technology has been updated since then. I could see it being used for suits in the future, but not anytime soon.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could actually possible happen...the US military actually uses this technology to determine your initial size of your uniforms and that was years ago I went through it. I'm sure the technology has been updated since then. I could see it being used for suits in the future, but not anytime soon.
...all due respect to the military, but the fit of their uniforms isn't exactly enviable. Without there being a person to make adjustments after the initial scan, it will never happen. Not to mention, robots will never independently produce suits.

...but we can all dream.

Chase H

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
...all due respect to the military, but the fit of their uniforms isn't exactly enviable. Without there being a person to make adjustments after the initial scan, it will never happen. Not to mention, robots will never independently produce suits.

...but we can all dream.
Luddite. Now, I don't think it will happen EXACTLY like that, but I'm sure you're being pessimistic.

nc2cali

Reaction score

...but we can all dream.

I don't mean the full Jetsons idea, that would be a little too much. I'm not talking about walk in and walk out 2 seconds later with a suit either. Yes, that is far-fetched. As far as the military example, I was just showing my experience with the technology. Sure, the human element still must exists to fully customize to an extent, but body scanning to produce clothing/suits does exist. And if you can afford it, I've read about it and it seems good. Advanced machinery is also being used to produce clothing too. So combine the two and it's really not that far off as you think.

Last edited:

nc2cali

Reaction score
BTW...I don't know if you guys noticed, but Indochino has been running a lot of giveaways and specials lately via their facebook/twitter accounts.

MIKEDEGUZMAN

Reaction score
My first post here, so please be kind. I'll return the same respect.

I took a little risk with indochino and ordered 4 suits on Black Friday when they had their sale.

So I figured, for less than what I've been spending on 1 custom suit, I could get 4. It was a gamble I was willing take.

So here is suit 1. By the way, the other 3 suits are on hold until "the perfect fit" is achieved. The suit obviously needs a major remake. BTW I apologize about the dark pictures. It's a little tough to see the details of the suit.

My revisions that have been requested are as follows:

Jacket length +2
Chest size -2
Sleeve length -1
Bicep size -0.25
Wrist size +0.5
Crotch +3.5
Thigh +3.25
Knee +3.75

And also requested:

Leg opening around ankle +0.5
Neck roll -0.75

The fit of the pants are just horrible. Pic 1 and 4 show it all.

My remake application has been accepted and hopefully the remade suit will be much better.

FYI, for those filling out remake applications, be sure to take a screen shot of your revised measurements prior to hitting the submit button. It was unable to process my request 3-4 times. And of course, when you hit the back button, you are back to a blank application form. I believe it may be because I attached too many pictures. It finally accepted as I attached less and less photos.

Might anyone have made any other adjustments? If so, where?

The obvious of losing weight isn't anything that can be immediately changed unfortunately. That's why custom suits are available though, right?

Last edited:

heatjay

Reaction score
Just received my suit. Not sure whats going on with the jacket but its loose and short. Shoulders needs feels wide. Crotch is tight and needs some adding. Can anyone advise me on what else I need to do. Not too excited about my first suit, lol.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My first post here, so please be kind. I'll return the same respect.
I took a little risk with indochino and ordered 4 suits on Black Friday when they had their sale.
So I figured, for less than what I've been spending on 1 custom suit, I could get 4. It was a gamble I was willing take.
So here is suit 1. By the way, the other 3 suits are on hold until "the perfect fit" is achieved. The suit obviously needs a major remake. BTW I apologize about the dark pictures. It's a little tough to see the details of the suit.

My revisions that have been requested are as follows:
Jacket length +2
Chest size -2
Sleeve length -1
Bicep size -0.25
Wrist size +0.5
Crotch +3.5
Thigh +3.25
Knee +3.75
And also requested:
Leg opening around ankle +0.5
Neck roll -0.75
The fit of the pants are just horrible. Pic 1 and 4 show it all.
My remake application has been accepted and hopefully the remade suit will be much better.
FYI, for those filling out remake applications, be sure to take a screen shot of your revised measurements prior to hitting the submit button. It was unable to process my request 3-4 times. And of course, when you hit the back button, you are back to a blank application form. I believe it may be because I attached too many pictures. It finally accepted as I attached less and less photos.
Might anyone have made any other adjustments? If so, where?
The obvious of losing weight isn't anything that can be immediately changed unfortunately. That's why custom suits are available though, right?

Oddy the shoulders look fine. Usually not so for such a disaster. Since the shirt sleeves are also too long, the correct jacket sleeve might need to be closer to 1.5 inches less than pictured.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just received my suit. Not sure whats going on with the jacket but its loose and short. Shoulders needs feels wide. Crotch is tight and needs some adding. Can anyone advise me on what else I need to do. Not too excited about my first suit, lol.
The pants might also be too tight in the hamstrings and (guessing by its size) rear.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The pants might also be too tight in the hamstrings and (guessing by its size) rear.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maladroit_