• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

Karl Drogo

Reaction score
Now that the Indochino Essentials Collection starts at $449, it it identical in price and closes the price gap with the Solids from Black Lapel. Might be the time to jump ship.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone have any long-term impressions on their Indochino? Want to know how well this stuff lasts.

They are coming back to chicago this week for one of their fitting events and I booked an appointment on a whim based on my memories of Jefferyd's review.

Trying to decide if I am better off purchasing more of a staple suit that would be nice to have but rarely worn or maybe a more fun summery suit that also won't get serious wear but would be nice to have well-fitting for a low price.

I've had my suit from them for nearly 3 years now. I initially wore it once a week or every other week. It's ok, but I'm losing the love, and it is moving down the rotation. The shoulders, which are lightly padded, are getting a little wonky. I've had to have an alterationist re-sew the lining of the pants, and I've had to reinforce a few buttons. While passable, the fabric isn't anything to write home about (and I wouldn't expect it to be for <$400).

Last edited:

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So it looks like they just raised the prices on the essential suits from $380 to $450...
Really? I hadn't been to their site in a while. With all of the emails that they send me, the one about the price hike was suspiciously left out.

I think that they do decent work for the price point, but even at the lower price, there are better value suits available. The higher price is out of the question IMO.

Last edited:

Simon at Elite

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So it looks like they just raised the prices on the essential suits from $380 to $450...

Really? I hadn't been to their site in a while. With all of the emails that they send me, the one about the price hike was suspiciously left out.

I think that they do decent work for the price point, but even at the lower price, there are better value suits available. The higher price is out of the question IMO.

The increase in the US dollar is putting pressure on margins and prices will eventually rise everywhere. We are going to try and hold out a little longer but sooner or later we are going to have to move upwards as well.

If you're thinking of buying a suit from anywhere in the near future it may pay to grab one now. You may be surprised at the price if you wait

DHD28

Reaction score
^Nope. Still passin'. $70 increase without proper justification and/or modification to the fabric is vile.

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm amazed every time customers see the price as some kind of moral issue.

There's somebody else willing to pay the higher price. Or, if not, the company will lose money. They should sell it to you at a lower price because you're special? They should sell you a product at a price other than what makes them the most money because of all the generosity they have towards you, random Internet stranger?

Last edited:

Karl Drogo

Reaction score
To be fair, some time between 2012-2013 Indochino upgraded themselves; amongst those upgrades was a move to a digital cutting system, allowing all suits (not just their Vincero line) to have Bemberg linings, BWF collar felts, and Helsa shoulder pads, as well as increasing their custom options to all suits such as contrasting buttonholes and boutonnieres. They never increased the price for this. Now the price is catching up. I simply regard the price increase as a delayed increase from the addition of all these things that are supposed to mean better quality for the consumers.

LorenzL

Reaction score

To be fair, some time between 2012-2013 Indochino upgraded themselves; amongst those upgrades was a move to a digital cutting system, allowing all suits (not just their Vincero line) to have Bemberg linings, BWF collar felts, and Helsa shoulder pads, as well as increasing their custom options to all suits such as contrasting buttonholes and boutonnieres. They never increased the price for this. Now the price is catching up. I simply regard the price increase as a delayed increase from the addition of all these things that are supposed to mean better quality for the consumers.

I agree mostly. Perhaps the way they communicated it wasn't perfect, they could've saved a few goodies to communicate together with the reboot and price increase of the Essential Suits. I believe one big reason is also that investors want to see some profit by now.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There's somebody else willing to pay the higher price. Or, if not, the company will lose money. They should sell it to you at a lower price because you're special? They should sell you a product at a price other than what makes them the most money because of all the generosity they have towards you, random Internet stranger?
Where are the comments about moral issues and special treatment? I must have missed them. Please quote them for clarification.

DHD28

Reaction score

Let me raise the price on your life support machine.

smoothmoose

Reaction score
I have love-hate relationship with Indochino. Been a customer of their's since 2009. I think most people hate the price increase. I also hate how inflexible they are nowadays, even when you ask for certain changes related to fit. Here's is my latest example of my love-hate relationship with them, luckily for this piece it is mostly love. Please ignore, the shirt I didn't bother changing to more neutral colour to offset the plaid.

LOVE:
- Great "out-there" derby plaid pattern
- The hand of the linen
- Excellent work with half-lining
- The patch pockets
- Fit is good IMO, but's been dialed in now
- The price: got this for $199 when they relaunched the Essential collection (I lucked out...see below)

HATE:
- How it went out of stock after 3 days (maybe I got lucky and this was a test run to see if there was demand???)
- The button stance is a bit low (The jacket length is 27.75", so I'm short)
- How they put a regular chest pocket and not another patch pocket...WHY???

But overall, very happy with this buy which appears that I lucked out on since it's out of stock already.

Last edited:

LorenzL

Reaction score
Looks pretty cool! I am quite sure I saw this jacket at some point last year, they must've found some fabric again... Funny you'd mention a low button stance, this would be the first time it's too low and not too high on someone!

traggatmot

Reaction score
Could you guys help me with comments on this suit, especially the jacket?

I'm getting some nasty shoulder divots, it seems like it should be longer (doesn't fully cover my butt or sit in cupped fingers), an the whole jacket rises up a lot when I move my arms - do I need higher arm holes. Sleeve length and most of the back seem pretty good, though the waist could be taken in some. The pants need more room in the suit and the crotch, and may have to be remade - i doubt there is enough play there to loosen them up enough.

Thanks.

Tom

LorenzL

Reaction score
To be honest, jacket length seems good to me. On the shorter side, but not bad. Pants don't seem tight either from the photos, but you have to trust your feeling anyway. Suit maybe just needs a pressing to get rid of the wrinkles on the sleeves? I also think you didn't remove the thread from the vents - cut it and it will drape nicer. I'd say the pants a are a bit too long, but that's a matter of taste.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeKirk