• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks like they unleashed the "Steve Nash" collection.... really?

Well Indochino is definitely getting a lot of time in the spotlight because of Steve Nash. Saw it on YaHoo front page yesterday. It's getting some news time here in Arizona (Steve Nash plays for the Phoenix Suns). Definitely found Nash to be fashionable when not on the court. And since Indochino is based in Canada, it makes sense to have a Steve Nash collection, being that he is a Canadian God to that country.

He's also an investor.

Reaction score
@ Durban 1986 - don't know if it's too late but I just stumbled across your post. I'm booked for the pop-up store event at the end of November as I want to see how they do.. been tracking Indochino for years, waiting for them to get better before spending.

I used to sell high-end men's clothing back in the day - Your photos indicate the following to me:
- You have an 'erect posture' (basically means you stand straighter than most North Americans). The creases on the back of your arms, the way the jacket rests on your butt, and the rolls on the back between your shoulder blades/ on your upper-back are in large part due to this

- The creases on the back of the arm might be able to be fixed depending on the type of suit construction (A master tailor might be able to remove the sleeves, adjust the 'pitch' of the sleeve-head and re-attach, but at this price point I would definitely not recommend doing this. It's a very difficult adjustment to make, and the way the suit is constructed probably would not allow for this type of alteration anyway). Leave this one alone.

- Yes, the jkt is a little snug in the mid-section but it's not terrible.. let out sides 1/4" each and possibly let out the back centre seam as well

- You've also got a low right shoulder which is creating the 'buckling' in the back on the lower right hip. Would be good to build the suit with that
consideration, but it's possible to put in a small shoulder pad (which I rarely suggest) if it really bothers you.

- Ask a good tailor to 'Lower collar' about 1/4"-1/2" to minimize the rolls between the shoulder blades - probably won't eliminate completely but should improve

- Pants are another story- again, get a GOOD tailor, ask them to reduce the thighs (get rid of the saddlebags) and lower the rear waistband. This should lift the fabric in the back so it doesn't hit the back of your legs (which causes those wrinkles on the back of your thighs). Wait until this is done before re-assessing the pant length.

Hope this helps. Good luck ;)

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score

@ Durban 1986 - don't know if it's too late but I just stumbled across your post. I'm booked for the pop-up store event at the end of November as I want to see how they do.. been tracking Indochino for years, waiting for them to get better before spending.
I used to sell high-end men's clothing back in the day - Your photos indicate the following to me:
- You have an 'erect posture' (basically means you stand straighter than most North Americans). The creases on the back of your arms, the way the jacket rests on your butt, and the rolls on the back between your shoulder blades/ on your upper-back are in large part due to this
- The creases on the back of the arm might be able to be fixed depending on the type of suit construction (A master tailor might be able to remove the sleeves, adjust the 'pitch' of the sleeve-head and re-attach, but at this price point I would definitely not recommend doing this. It's a very difficult adjustment to make, and the way the suit is constructed probably would not allow for this type of alteration anyway). Leave this one alone.
- Yes, the jkt is a little snug in the mid-section but it's not terrible.. let out sides 1/4" each and possibly let out the back centre seam as well
- You've also got a low right shoulder which is creating the 'buckling' in the back on the lower right hip. Would be good to build the suit with that
consideration, but it's possible to put in a small shoulder pad (which I rarely suggest) if it really bothers you.
- Ask a good tailor to 'Lower collar' about 1/4"-1/2" to minimize the rolls between the shoulder blades - probably won't eliminate completely but should improve
- Pants are another story- again, get a GOOD tailor, ask them to reduce the thighs (get rid of the saddlebags) and lower the rear waistband. This should lift the fabric in the back so it doesn't hit the back of your legs (which causes those wrinkles on the back of your thighs). Wait until this is done before re-assessing the pant length.
Hope this helps. Good luck ;)

Awesome second post. Seriously.

GloStiX

Reaction score
I am eager to see some finished products from their new digital cutting production system.

I had a horrible experience with them back in the day, and I know they had just as frustrating of an experience with me. Every remake they tried to correct one thing but messed up 2 others. Eventually it came down to: here take your money back, GTFO.

Can't blame them, but they need to blame their tailors. There was an extreme level of inconsistency in everything from different colored lining inside the pockets, pants pockets sewn into a tangled ball by accident (how did that get through?), to measurements constantly being changed (and they flat out refused to commit to the measurements--sloppy cutting or stubborn craftsmen? Not very quality or "custom" either way). Well I guess they did more than just blame their tailors, they fired 'em. :happy:

I know that's all old news, hopefully Indochino can do better these days and prove they are worth their prices. In this economy, and as retail-savvy Gen Y grows up and starts buying suits, it is clear that even the wealthy care about getting a good deal.

LorenzL

Reaction score

Hi I am building a website called Suit complaints. Will be up soon. I would like to know how your tailored experience is.
The ideal suit, I am sure you agree is trim, to the sides, but comfortable and will not collapse or wrinkle. Rumples from wear we know can be pressed out.
I would love to see your suit pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and what you paid.

Hi I am a custom tailor that will be competing with Indochino.

I would just like to know how your suit worked out in the end?

so what are you now? Just a spammer probably?

DKSnider

Reaction score
I was drawn in by the allure of an inexpensive MTM suit, but in the end I'm not sure the result was worth my time.

Some of the problems - pants too short and too tight for example - could very well be simply the way that I measured. I do have a bit of collar gap going on when I stand straight. However, the real problem (in my opinion) shows up when I do anything other than stand still in one place - even if I stand up a little more straightly than usual.

Seems like any deviation I make from a robopose turns on the antigravity generators hidden in the lapels, causing the suit start to fly away. I don't really know what the cause of that is, but even as a novice to men's tailored clothing I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen. There's also something funky going on with the shoulderpads that is especially evident with the left shoulder.

Lesson learned I suppose - if it sounds too good to be true...

Tifochka

Reaction score
I dont understand why are you so critical of Indochino? My experience with them was extremely positive, I just ordered 9th suit from them. They provide a great product combined with amazing customer service. So your attacks are clearly unfair, claiming they don't provide a truly "bespoke" product.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So your attacks are clearly unfair, claiming they don't provide a truly "bespoke" product.

Their product isn't bespoke; if you had a clue what the word means you would know this. Made to measure and bespoke are not the same thing.

Conversely, I don't really see Suitstyler's point either. Of course made to measure will not fit as well as bespoke with fittings, but a suit from Indochino also costs much less than any fully bespoke suit, so their target market is clearly different.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@DKSnider: Consider the lesson learned. Don't do online MTM anything anymore. You'll be far better off buying OTR and getting a good alterations tailor. In the future you can save for real MTM and eventually bespoke. There is a reason why real custom clothing is expensive. To do it correctly requires a lot of expertise.

Gosh I wish this thread was closed.

Last edited:

Tifochka

Reaction score
I do have a clue, thanks for the unsolicited lesson in vocabulary . Read my post again, I meant that a MTM online company should not be criticized for not providing a truly bespoke product.

VentsMcMahon

Reaction score

I dont understand why are you so critical of Indochino? My experience with them was extremely positive, I just ordered 9th suit from them. They provide a great product combined with amazing customer service. So your attacks are clearly unfair, claiming they don't provide a truly "bespoke" product.

I do have a clue, thanks for the unsolicited lesson in vocabulary . Read my post again, I meant that a MTM online company should not be criticized for not providing a truly bespoke product.

I compared the posts. The point you claim you were making was not the point you made. An unsolicited lesson in English composition may be forthcoming.

Indochino is a passable entry-level MTM option for younger guys who like Bonobos suits.

SBPeakLapel

Reaction score
You seem to have a nice product to offer, which can stand on its own merits. I don't understand why you feel the need to promote yourself by criticizing another company.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you
But terms such as custom made advertised by Indochino are ranging on contempt for the old craftsmen.

This isn't a new phenomenon. The old guard vs new guard has raged since the beginning of time. Cry me a river. There will always be businesses who can throw money at their product, market the hell out of it, and build market share that way. Likewise, there will always be businesses who won't or can't do that and need to carve out a niche via product quality and service. I don't understand why you are lashing out at IC or any online MTM. Personally, I think it makes you look bad, and doesn't change my opinion of IC. Most people who go to an online MTM are either blind to the industry in general (the "so...I can buy a Men's Wearhouse suit for $300, or put in my measurements on IC for the same price? sign me up" crowd) or know they aren't getting a full bespoke product but don't want to pay for that higher end product. Either way, it doesn't appear to be the same market you are trying to obtain.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having an event where you get a shirt + another 2 accessories for free. Pretty crazy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads