• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In search for the right Burgundy tassel loafers

liahos1

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I recently came across this post on Antonio Merccariello's Instagram

Something about these loafers stir a deep desire to buy them. What really gets me excited to own them is the lighter shade of Burgundy (vs the darker color 8 shades which I already have). Unfortunately the AMs would be MTO and cost about 1200 euro which is something I am currently trying to avoid.

I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for alternatives? Budget would be under 700 or less USD.

So Far:

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Please help!

Attachments

• AM Simposio Anglianico.PNG
    AM Simposio Anglianico.PNG
    902.3 KB · Views: 59

Mr G from SD

Reaction score
The first thing that came to mind was Carmina’s rubi shade of shell cordovan. The shell tassel loafer of theirs does not have a split toe.

Interesting because the photo of them on their website looks more brown, but all the non-stock photos I’ve seen people take makes the color seem more like what you are after. Maybe something to consider if you are open to shell, and don’t mind returning if you are not happy with the exact color in person.

liahos1

Reaction score
The first thing that came to mind was Carmina’s rubi shade of shell cordovan. The shell tassel loafer of theirs does not have a split toe.

Interesting because the photo of them on their website looks more brown, but all the non-stock photos I’ve seen people take makes the color seem more like what you are after. Maybe something to consider if you are open to shell, and don’t mind returning if you are not happy with the exact color in person.

Yes I was thinking of the Rubi cordovan loafers. The only issue I have is that the variability around the shade seems pretty wild looking at photos on the internet. Some photos make it look bright red while others make it look more like a lighter cherry. I need to maybe take a trip up to NYC and look at the shoes directly before making that purchase.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads