• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ike behar bespoke shirts?

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in the local Ritz Carlton the other day and in one of the stores off the lobby they had a number of nice products, i.e. Creed Irish Tweed, Art of Shaving products, etc. I noticed they have these Ike Behar bespoke shirt kits.

You buy a box with the fabric in it, you fill out the size chart, put the fabric back in the box and drop it in the mail, and a few weeks later, they send you your shirt. Postage is included in the price, so all you do is measure, fill out the chart and drop the box in the mail. It looks like a great bit of marketing.

The price, being in the Ritz, is obscene -- like $180. But I have a relative who works there, and she can get me a 50 percent discount. At $90, I'll consider it. Anyone know anything about these?

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Stu:

A lot of Nordstroms here on the West Coast and many specialty stores nationwide have the same program. My brother ordered a shirt and has been very pleased with it. Generally the prices run $100-150, so $90 is a good deal. I've found Behar shirts to be great quality. You can also order them from their website.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Stu:

AOS- 50% off where??? Missed that one- LOVE the stuff.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Steve: I know you do, I remember that from an earlier thread. Your rave review inspired me to try AOS. They also sell that at the Ritz, and my sister in law works there, so I use her 50 percent discount for that too. The pre-shave oil, cream and aftershave lotion all come out to like $47 with the discount. Not a bad deal, because from the Website it would be like close to $100.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Ah Ok...Didn't want to miss out.
smile.gif
Thanks.

Pink22m

Reaction score
Actually, just to correct you, those would not be considered bespoke shirts, as made to measure would be the correct term I believe. I did a couple Robert Talbott made to measures through Nordstroms, but I was not aware they do Ike Behar. But anyways, bespoke involves having your measurements taken (between 10-30), and the process is much more involved then simply filling out a card and picking a fabric swatch. One must not interchange the term bespoke with made to measure, as their is a difference, confusing as it may be...But made to measure is still great
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads