1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ike Bahar mtm shirt program

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JLA, Feb 14, 2005.

1. JLA

JLA Active Member

I saw the display at Nordstrom's and wondered about the cost, quality etc.
    Anybody have any experience with this program ?
    Thanks...

2. aramg

aramg Member

Are you referring to the CEO Program (approx. $165 US), where just the fabric, neck size, sleeve length, cuff and collar styles are chosen, or what they call Bespoke (really MTM, starting at $165)?

Also, why is this post under social life, food and drink?

3. JLA

JLA Active Member

I screwed up the forum location.
    I'm not sure which program I saw.
    The display was a stack of boxes loaded
    with just material. No signs, labels etc.

4. j

j Well-Known Member

Moved to clothing.

5. AlanC

AlanC Well-Known Member

Simply based on my RTW versions, I think at that price point Robert Talbott might be a better choice.

6. CarsonInMaryland

CarsonInMaryland Member

I've tried both Talbott and Behar MTM. Although Ike Behar is a little more expensive, I honestly though the fabric and finish was slightly better than Talbott. As I remember it, you had to order a minimum of two shirts with Behar and there was no minimum with Talbott. I also believe there were a few more collar choices with Behar.

7. JLA

JLA Active Member

If the price is around $160, I think I can get real mtm for the same or less. What is the benefit of ordering a shirt to a neck and sleeve size with a choice of collars? Aren't I just ordering a rtw shirt that is out of stock ?

8. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Well-Known Member

I couldn't pay $160 for just neck and sleeve measurements. Try Individualized Shirts instead in this price range: http://www.individualizedshirts.com/ This shirtmaker been the subject of previous discussion on this forum- the search function should help here.

9. Pink22m

Pink22m Well-Known Member

I have not tried Behar, but have tried Talbott mtm, and I can attest to their quality.  I am pretty sure that Talbott has alot more collar choices, since I doubt that Behar does anything beyond a medium spread collar.  In terms of cost, Talbott's are much more expensive though.  Talbott's best of class line of mtm shirts start around $125 and go up to $200, and their top of the line Estate shirts will set you back $300-$400. I also can't imagine that Behar has that many fabric choices compared to Talbott, which has a variety of patterns from subtle herringbone solids to wild candy stripes.